5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window leak on my 2020 Ram 1500 Limited

mangus68

Reaction score
Looks like I have the same issue a lot of people are reporting. Noticed water leaking in the back of the window and can see two hairline cracks on the plastic strip each side of the window. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow and have the extended Mopar warranty, which hopefully covers it. But this seems a critical design flaw in what has otherwise been a great truck. Surely a recall should be issued? It's a $70K truck but I use to me if I can't take it out in the rain.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This window is not a new concept or design. The fact it is this big of an issue is inexcusable and incomprehensible to me.

raygun9

Reaction score
There is a class action against FCA for it..

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Good luck getting it replaced under extended warranty. I hear most don't cover it, and even if they did it would only fix the window, not the damaged seats\headliner if it caused damage.

There was a thread where people were trying to seal it more before it leaked and for some reason people were saying "if it's not broke don't fix it".

Also recalls are only for safety problems, airbags, seatbelts, etc. A window that cracks and sucks would never be actionable as a recall.

U

User_3336

Looks like I have the same issue a lot of people are reporting. Noticed water leaking in the back of the window and can see two hairline cracks on the plastic strip each side of the window. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow and have the extended Mopar warranty, which hopefully covers it. But this seems a critical design flaw in what has otherwise been a great truck. Surely a recall should be issued? It's a $70K truck but I use to me if I can't take it out in the rain.
OP, you didn't provide any information on the year/mileage/warranty on your truck . . . .
I'm not following that last sentence.

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the true Ram owner’s experience. My 2020 rear window leaked as well. Had it fixed under warranty. Luckily I have not experienced that on my 2022………………………………yet.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m sure if you explain to them that your truck was $70k, and show them your receipt, they will fix it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread