5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear view/Third Brake Light Issues

Ck63028

Reaction score
Hello,

I closely followed the new led light and camera thread. The truck I just got didn’t have the tech group so I ordered the parts with the Bingfu Fakra cable. I got it all installed the other night and it worked great. On my drive to work yesterday, my TPMS went off. After stopping, it cleared. Today, it’s back to going off. Did I possibly mess something up running the camera cable or is there some other gremlin? I ran diagonally from the third brake lot over to the passenger door and routed around. No issues during running the cable that I was aware of. Anyone run into something like this? Did I mess up the RF hub somehow?

Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daverous

Reaction score
I can't say with absolute certainty it's what did it, but I ran into the exact same issue after installing the oem led chmsl. I'd randomly lose tpms in various wheels and they'd come back just as randomly. I swapped back to the standard brake light and the issue went away for the 3ish k I left it in.

Eventually I took it to the dealer with the led light installed and tpms issue present, they replaced the rf hub(and I'm assuming reprogrammed it to one of several frequencies in range) and the issue is gone. I've had the led chmsl installed again for going on 9k without issue. Luckily it was also covered under warranty for me, so that's a plus!

Your mileage may vary, but that's my experience.

Ck63028

Reaction score
I can't say with absolute certainty it's what did it, but I ran into the exact same issue after installing the oem led chmsl. I'd randomly lose tpms in various wheels and they'd come back just as randomly. I swapped back to the standard brake light and the issue went away for the 3ish k I left it in.

Eventually I took it to the dealer with the led light installed and tpms issue present, they replaced the rf hub(and I'm assuming reprogrammed it to one of several frequencies in range) and the issue is gone. I've had the led chmsl installed again for going on 9k without issue. Luckily it was also covered under warranty for me, so that's a plus!

Your mileage may vary, but that's my experience.

That makes me feel a lot better! I’ll give them a call and see if they can get me in. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread