5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear view camera for trailer

Leblanc7

Reaction score
Folks I am wondering what rear camera system for my trailers would work with my 12 inches U connect screen. Just exploring that option now for a fifth wheel and a cargo trailer.
I have bought a used 2022 Longhorn diesel SRW. I believe there is a connection for the camera cable in the back bumper but still need to confirm that.
Looking for ideas to if there’s no camera already existing for that large screen
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8944.jpeg
    IMG_8944.jpeg
    290.3 KB · Views: 9

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hop on over to HDRAMS forums, lots of (better) info there.

You should have 360° surround and the 12-pin trailer plug on the bumper. Frequently found for sale on the hdrams forum or ebay.

The 360 displays on the Uconnect screen but times out unless you have an aftermarket black box to keep it alive.

You should also have the DRVM. If you have a round coax type port to the left of the license plate, you're setup for the digital tow mode camera that will display on the DRVM and stays on. Keep in mind, they are mostly model year specific and not interchangeable (Ram changed manufacturers and since they're digitally encoded, they're incompatible.) Sadly, I do believe the 22 Digital tow mode camera has been unobtanium.

If you don't have the digital port, it can be retrofitted to the 22 trucks.

Confirmation of all this best left to those that have done it over on HDRAMS.

Users who are viewing this thread