5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Shocks with Readylift

Rodris01

Reaction score
Hi All

New guy here to the forums and was searching around the forum for some guidance. I finally was able to convince my finance manager (aka the wife) to let me do a lift for the truck. Based on my usual commute, and the occasional trips to the beach and dirt roads at the ranch, I decided on the SST kit. I was originally leaning towards the RC kit because it came with rear shocks, but based on feedback I went Readylift. I would still like to upgrade the rear shocks but was wondering if anyone has the standard SST kit and still added rear shocks. I have seen lots of posts with people making changes to the Readylift, but I want to run it as the kit comes for a year or two before making changes. Hence why I would like to see what options there are for rear shocks that would pair nicely with that lift. Any recommendations I should consider?

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Hi All

New guy here to the forums and was searching around the forum for some guidance. I finally was able to convince my finance manager (aka the wife) to let me do a lift for the truck. Based on my usual commute, and the occasional trips to the beach and dirt roads at the ranch, I decided on the SST kit. I was originally leaning towards the RC kit because it came with rear shocks, but based on feedback I went Readylift. I would still like to upgrade the rear shocks but was wondering if anyone has the standard SST kit and still added rear shocks. I have seen lots of posts with people making changes to the Readylift, but I want to run it as the kit comes for a year or two before making changes. Hence why I would like to see what options there are for rear shocks that would pair nicely with that lift. Any recommendations I should consider?
I have Bilstein 5160 Resi's in the rear.
IMG_1275.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread