5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear shock recommendation

shktrk

Reaction score
Looking for a rear shock up grade for a 2020 1500 2wd. I periodically tow a small ski boat and would like to keep the truck from sagging. Thanks

Polo08816

Reaction score
Looking for a rear shock up grade for a 2020 1500 2wd. I periodically tow a small ski boat and would like to keep the truck from sagging. Thanks

A shock is not going to prevent sagging. That's due to either weight distribution or rear axle spring rate.

Edsram2019

Reaction score
Honestly, for ease of use / cost, the Timbrens do a great job. Literally a 5 - 10 minute install. No need to jack it up or get dirty. It did not effect unloaded ride at all.

I have a Wildwood Xlite 273qbxl at 6100# dry (say 6,800 - 7,000# loaded) and without the Timbrens the squat and truck towing performance is rather awful, so I know they are doing their job. I also have a hellwig set to the stiffest setting.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread