5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Seat Recline Settings

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've seen a few posts that the rear seats have multiple recline settings. If I pull the recline handle on my seats they just move once and stop. Very little recline. Does anyone elses seats do the same? It's basically one position. Trying to find out what's normal.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems as though mine recline to one stop click position.

So, two positions for me, 1. NORMAL and 2. RECLINED.

Maybe an inch or two slide to the forward and a more of an angle on the seatback.
Yeah that's exactly what I get. I noticed some posts saying 8/9 positions.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The seat slides it’s full recline, you release the handle to lock it into the position from 0 to 100% slide.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The seat slides it’s full recline, you release the handle to lock it into the position from 0 to 100% slide.
How far is full recline? Mine only goes about 2 inches forward it seems.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The rear seats really don't fold flat... more of a 'lean forward. The rear seat is on a rail... lift the handle and it slides all the way to it's forward limit, you can stop it anywhere along the length of travel which (on my truck) is 3.5".

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They slide very similar to a manual front seat fwd/back. The rail has 8-9 holes that the stop engages so if you release the handle before you slide all the way forward it will lock in that position. Technically you have 8-9 recline positions but in the real world everyone mostly uses the two extreme positions.
This is on the Limited, BTW.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They slide very similar to a manual front seat fwd/back. The rail has 8-9 holes that the stop engages so if you release the handle before you slide all the way forward it will lock in that position. Technically you have 8-9 recline positions but in the real world everyone mostly uses the two extreme positions.
This is on the Limited, BTW.
It just seems like it only goes about 2 inches forward. I would never think it's enough space to allow for 8 positions. I'll have to check it out again.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was thinking same thing. Someone would have to be pretty finnicky to go from this centimenter setting thinking it not right yet, to the next, and then say, ahhh, finally perfect.

Honestly, just reclining into the other extreme is luxury enough in a truck.
I agree. Thought it was odd when I saw posts stating 8 or 9 settings. Its such a minute difference who would even recognize it. Anyway, assuming ours are working properly it is a nice feature.

Reaction score
I agree. Thought it was odd when I saw posts stating 8 or 9 settings. Its such a minute difference who would even recognize it. Anyway, assuming ours are working properly it is a nice feature.

It's a seat track, much like a front seat. They're designed for multiple positions, and since they're basically a commodity, the multiple positions are effectively a "freebee", albeit not terribly a useful one :)

Users who are viewing this thread