5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear End Noise

oldsouth

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 with anti-spin 3.92 rear end. Here lately there is a binding type noise coming from back there when turning sharply. In both directions. Seems like the anti-spin is too tight. Anyone else have that issue or know what the fix is? Still under warranty so I will reluctantly take it to a nearby dealer. But if there is a easy fix, I would rather do it myself.

tidefan1967

Reaction score
Did you check the level in the diff, check to see if it has been leaking, etc?

oldsouth

Reaction score
No leaks. Just checked it and was a little low, maybe 3/4 inch. I added some anti-spin additive and topped it off with fluid. Will see what happens now....

oldsouth

Reaction score
That seemed to fix the problem. They may not have put the additive in at the factory. I will order some Ram additive and get the proper weight fluid and change it out. I have only 18,000 miles on the truck but the additive I had was GM and was over 20 years old. Some I had in my shop. And the synthetic gear oil I had was 75-90 and the manual calls for 75-140.

Users who are viewing this thread