5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear bumper difference between 4th and 5th gen

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am not familiar at all with 4th gens, this is for those of you that are familiar with both of these platforms.

Or maybe someone has done it already?

How much/if any modification would be needed to maybe fit this bumper?

I love the look!

From a couple youtube videos it looks like the boltd behind the plate are similar and so are the bolts that mount to the frame, but idk if they are the same width?

I'd be dumping my hitch, I've used it about 3 times in 5 years lol and I can always tow with my mom's truck if needed 😅

Last edited:

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing a guy with a grinder and welder can’t make fit lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am not familiar at all with 4th gens, this is for those of you that are familiar with both of these platforms.

Or maybe someone has done it already?

How much/if any modification would be needed to maybe fit this bumper?

I love the look!

From a couple youtube videos it looks like the boltd behind the plate are similar and so are the bolts that mount to the frame, but idk if they are the same width?

I'd be dumping my hitch, I've used it about 3 times in 5 years lol and I can always tow with my mom's truck if needed 😅
I haven't read about anyone swapping 4th and 5th gen bumpers. I have no idea how much work it would take to do it but I'm sure it's not going to just bolt on. Everything on the body was redesigned for 5th gens, including the frames. If I was wanting to take on a project like this I'd probably source a 4th gen bumper from a local junkyard and see for myself how much work it would be to fit it.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't read about anyone swapping 4th and 5th gen bumpers. I have no idea how much work it would take to do it but I'm sure it's not going to just bolt on. Everything on the body was redesigned for 5th gens, including the frames. If I was wanting to take on a project like this I'd probably source a 4th gen bumper from a local junkyard and see for myself how much work it would be to fit it.

Ooo that's a good idea!

Users who are viewing this thread