5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear brakes at 57,000 miles

Sinlinson

Reaction score
Just had my NY State inspection. They said my front brakes were fine, but rear were close to done. Is it normal for rear discs to wear before front? On past vehichles I change fronts 3-4 times more then rears. Also any tips on quality pads/ rotors to get another 60,000 miles? TIA

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just had my NY State inspection. They said my front brakes were fine, but rear were close to done. Is it normal for rear discs to wear before front? On past vehichles I change fronts 3-4 times more then rears. Also any tips on quality pads/ rotors to get another 60,000 miles? TIA
I am at 79 k miles, rears have about 30 percent left on them.
You might get more replies asking this in the general section of forums.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sounds excessive. I never had to change rear pads on my 4th Gens till at least 75,000 miles and I hear the 5th Gens are even better yet.

23RAM

Reaction score
Just had my NY State inspection. They said my front brakes were fine, but rear were close to done. Is it normal for rear discs to wear before front?
Not usually...unless it's an older vehicle and the caliper pistons are sticking.
On past vehichles I change fronts 3-4 times more then rears. Also any tips on quality pads/ rotors to get another 60,000 miles? TIA
Get OEM - they work well, don't produce much brake dust, and usually don't cost any more than aftermarket.

sppb32

Reaction score
That is quite normal on this Rams, my factory front ones are still like new at 93K and the rear ones have maybe 20% left, something to do with the parking brake not fast enough to disengage when you take off from park i was told.

Users who are viewing this thread