5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Bed Step

epmd

Reaction score
Good morning,

So I installed the "Step Kit-Side" 82215289-AF(or AG) on the rear of my 2019 Rebel. Went on with no issues. Sits fine. When I push the step in from the locked position the spring pulls it back so hard that it makes contact with the muffler and rings the exhaust like a bell. If I put it in real slow there is no contact.

I brought it to a local dealer (I ordered the part online from a dealer out of state) and had them inspect it. According to them the part is perfectly installed. The exhaust is in the right position. The best they can say is that the spring action is too tight and it may be "defective".

Anyone else with this issue? Any thoughts or solutions?

Appreciate all help here. I love the step as a concept. It looks great all tucked in and it is a great match for the bumper when deployed. Hate to go without.

Thanks

deanfx

Reaction score
Mine sounds like it is beating the brains out of the exhaust. Pretty common issue.

McRAM19

Reaction score
I just installed mine as well and it does not have any contact with the muffler. Pretty impressed with the step kit so far!

Damion

Reaction score
I priced up one of these, almost 400 I think ill wait for a bit.....

Jeep1

Reaction score
A dealer told me yesterday that there is a recall on the bed steps. I am not sure what the issue is.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A dealer told me yesterday that there is a recall on the bed steps. I am not sure what the issue is.

We posted up the answer somewhere around here .. I'd have to use the search feature to locate the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online