5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really disappointing experience with REAL TRUCK and RUNNING BOARD WAREHOUSE

CaptBeach

Reaction score
July 10th after taking delivery of my new 19 1500 New Body Style Big Horn Quad 4x4 I go shopping. I see the pop ad here and follow it to Running board warehouse. Call to make sure everything is in stock...SALES GUY ASSURED me the running boards, the stampede bug deflector (2019-2) and the Weather Tech floor mats are all IN STOCK and will ship tomorrow.

A week and a half later I get an email the running boards have finally shipped...they got here and I love them...but the floor mats and bug deflector are on back order...never were in stock, are drop shipped from factory...might be 2-3 weeks MORE or more. I cancel order...mind you this is after 3-4 hours on hold, finally leaving a call back number and having someone call me back days later. I am assured (I am starting to hate that word) that the order is cancelled and a refund in inbound. I buy a set of Husky Mats off of Amazon and get them PRIME the next day...They are top notch and less than 1/2 that the Weather Techs were. Decided to hold off on the bug deflector as I had read a couple of reviews about how shoddy the mounting hardware was and how people had to go out and shop for adequate hardware to make them fit THEN only to find the hood would not close properly. So I decided to wait on it...a week goes by, no refund two weeks...then POOF Fedex shows up with Weather Tech mats on my door step...takes me another 3-4 hours in emails and phone calls to get an RMA to return them...they have had them for 2 days now. Still no sight of my refund. Then about 3 days ago the Bug Deflector shows up and yup crappy china plastic hardware completely unsuitable for ANYTHING much less bolting something to the front of my new truck...so here I wait on another RMA to send back the BD...good customer service is SOOOO EASY...I know were in the middle of a pandemic...but come one...it isn't that hard...

CaptBeach - Regarding the bug deflector ... I saw a few posts and the rough consensus was to go with the Mopar bug deflector. I did (I have a 2020 Ram 1500) and I have to say, while it is a bit involved on the installation - just take your time. It's not hard but you do need to be precise. After I installed it, I'd have to say the quality is top notch and the fit is perfect - no issues with the hood. Mopar includes replacement hardware as you need to remove some OEM fasteners.

Most of the stuff from REAL Truck are drop ship direct from factory warehouse, i been there and know how you feel. I for sure will not buy from them again.

Assuming you paid with a CC. Go on there and dispute the charges. That gets their attention pretty fast.

July 10th after taking delivery of my new 19 1500 New Body Style Big Horn Quad 4x4 I go shopping. I see the pop ad here and follow it to Running board warehouse. Call to make sure everything is in stock...SALES GUY ASSURED me the running boards, the stampede bug deflector (2019-2) and the Weather Tech floor mats are all IN STOCK and will ship tomorrow.

A week and a half later I get an email the running boards have finally shipped...they got here and I love them...but the floor mats and bug deflector are on back order...never were in stock, are drop shipped from factory...might be 2-3 weeks MORE or more. I cancel order...mind you this is after 3-4 hours on hold, finally leaving a call back number and having someone call me back days later. I am assured (I am starting to hate that word) that the order is cancelled and a refund in inbound. I buy a set of Husky Mats off of Amazon and get them PRIME the next day...They are top notch and less than 1/2 that the Weather Techs were. Decided to hold off on the bug deflector as I had read a couple of reviews about how shoddy the mounting hardware was and how people had to go out and shop for adequate hardware to make them fit THEN only to find the hood would not close properly. So I decided to wait on it...a week goes by, no refund two weeks...then POOF Fedex shows up with Weather Tech mats on my door step...takes me another 3-4 hours in emails and phone calls to get an RMA to return them...they have had them for 2 days now. Still no sight of my refund. Then about 3 days ago the Bug Deflector shows up and yup crappy china plastic hardware completely unsuitable for ANYTHING much less bolting something to the front of my new truck...so here I wait on another RMA to send back the BD...good customer service is SOOOO EASY...I know were in the middle of a pandemic...but come one...it isn't that hard...
I got the mopar, sitting in my garage unopened. I ordered the weather tech. Super simple install, sturdy and looks great. Decided against the mopar just because of installation, didn't want to put the clips over the paint even with protective film. The weathertech, no clips installed in less than 15 minutes and only two beers. Mopar for sale $40 local pickup.

UPDATE...finally got thru...asked for an RMA to send the bug deflector back...nice girl on the other end...I explained my situation...she confirmed, said man you have n=been thru the ringer on this one havent you...said tell ya what...keep the bug deflector or throw it away...I will process your refund for your trouble...still waiting on a refund for nearly $300 we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back