5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Range Day...let’s see what everyone shoots!

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've found it to be mostly people who hate "plastic" guns. I love my G43. Glock has earned an excellent reputation from countless hours and rounds being used by enthusiasts and professionals. Never understood the Glock hate myself.
Nope...I own 2 polymer pistols which I like very much...CZ P10C and a Walther PPQ M2. Both are striker fired...and both run circles around Glock in every aspect.
I'm really not trying to be insulting when I say this....but it's been my experience and observation that most people who are Glock fanatics don't actually know much about firearms...I mean...have REAL knowledge about them. (I will give example if need be)

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I own a Ruger LC9 (which is junk), a Ruger LCP, a S&W Shield, a S&W SD9VE, and my Glock 43. I've never shot a Walther and I've always heard great things about CZ. I'd love to get a Sig for my next hand gun but at this point I think I've got plenty and my money is better served on different platforms.

I'm just an average American who likes to shoot my guns semi regularly and has a concealed carry permit. At the time of purchase the G43 was what I considered to be the best ccw. I like the way it shoots and the way it feels in my hand. The trigger feels perfectly fine to me. I shot it side by side w/ other comparable firearms. It's the one I liked the best.

Why do you believe they're junk? I just find it hard to agree when I personally have no issue with it, my friends and family in law enforcement all like them, and that seems to be the norm with most people I've seen whose in a profession that requires a firearm.

You're not insulting but it makes me feel like I'm talking to someone in a general truck forum whose saying the Ram is junk just because they don't personally care for them lol.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I say this from over 50 years of firearms experience that no one can argue personal preference. What some people love to shoot others may hate. Whether its plinking, hunting, carry, competition, home defense or any other reason, you like what you like. I was never a big fan of striker fired guns but as time went on they grew on me. I have a few now and one happens to be a Gen 3 Zev built Glock 34. Nothing runs circles around it and few compare to its reliability in competition. I just appreciate the fact that someone is pro gun regardless of what they prefer to shoot!!!

Last edited:

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I own a Ruger LC9 (which is junk), a Ruger LCP, a S&W Shield, a S&W SD9VE, and my Glock 43. I've never shot a Walther and I've always heard great things about CZ. I'd love to get a Sig for my next hand gun but at this point I think I've got plenty and my money is better served on different platforms.

I'm just an average American who likes to shoot my guns semi regularly and has a concealed carry permit. At the time of purchase the G43 was what I considered to be the best ccw. I like the way it shoots and the way it feels in my hand. The trigger feels perfectly fine to me. I shot it side by side w/ other comparable firearms. It's the one I liked the best.

Why do you believe they're junk? I just find it hard to agree when I personally have no issue with it, my friends and family in law enforcement all like them, and that seems to be the norm with most people I've seen whose in a profession that requires a firearm.

You're not insulting but it makes me feel like I'm talking to someone in a general truck forum whose saying the Ram is junk just because they don't personally care for them lol.
The Glock 43 is actually not bad but overall Glocks have more documented failures per number than any other brand. Maybe not percentage wise...but number wise they do. Excluding the fact the grip and triggers are terrible...We had 500 (gen4) Glock 19s when I was a correction officer. I had the privilege of helping out in the armory for a couple days and found that the slide rails (in the chassis) on 391 of them were completely warped...this was only after a few thousand rounds, and only a few hundred rounds were shot per week. Almost all of the extractors were worn out too. The barrel twist in the rifling was completely useless. Most barrels have a 1:10 twist/1:16 twist that you can see. The Glocks we're almost straight lines. So...while I was thinking it was that they maybe weren't getting cleaned properly or something...I went out and bought a brand new one (Gen4 19).
On my third mag...I shot one round. The second round chambered and locked the slide closed. I had to beat the crap out of the firearm on a table just to get it to open back up and eject the round. This happened three times! The third time I found that the the guide rod cracked. Lmao. Glocks are the most unreliable/uncomfortable pistol I've ever shot and anyone that's actually spent time with them shooting them, cleaning them either get rid of them or mod the hell out of them to the point where it's no longer a Glock lol.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Glock 43 is actually not bad but overall Glocks have more documented failures per number than any other brand. Maybe not percentage wise...but number wise they do. Excluding the fact the grip and triggers are terrible...We had 500 (gen4) Glock 19s when I was a correction officer. I had the privilege of helping out in the armory for a couple days and found that the slide rails (in the chassis) on 391 of them were completely warped...this was only after a few thousand rounds, and only a few hundred rounds were shot per week. Almost all of the extractors were worn out too. The barrel twist in the rifling was completely useless. Most barrels have a 1:10 twist/1:16 twist that you can see. The Glocks we're almost straight lines. So...while I was thinking it was that they maybe weren't getting cleaned properly or something...I went out and bought a brand new one (Gen4 19).
On my third mag...I shot one round. The second round chambered and locked the slide closed. I had to beat the crap out of the firearm on a table just to get it to open back up and eject the round. This happened three times! The third time I found that the the guide rod cracked. Lmao. Glocks are the most unreliable/uncomfortable pistol I've ever shot and anyone that's actually spent time with them shooting them, cleaning them either get rid of them or mod the hell out of them to the point where it's no longer a Glock lol.
Well as you can see this one is more Zev than Glock! My own experience is pretty much with the 17 & its longer slide brother the 34. I have shot 9 or 10k rounds out of my 17 and had no failures to fire or ejection issues. No warping of the slide, excessive wear on the rails, or any other part I can see. Not sure what would make the 19 be such a problem.

i thought this article was interesting:

Last edited:

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glocks have a place as do others that are better and worse.

I started out on a G19.4 which was great but I found I like one in the chamber with a safety so I had to go other directions.

I truly believe a Taurus G3/G3c is as good as any Glock currently. However Glock customer service is still most likely better.

My go to guns are Sigs. P226 Legion is my favorite and the P938 is my CC.

BlueMoose

Reaction score
I used to do Cowboy Action Shooting, so I have a '73 Winchester Rifle, a '91 Marlin Rifle, and a '75 Remington Revolver, all in .44-40 (all replicas).

I miss getting out on the range with my Marlin and the Remy.

Svt40

Reaction score
This was my last trip to the range. But as ammo prices went up I stopped going.

qOhfVUk.jpg

A day at the range when it's raining and they give discounts.
2KbS9Ej.jpg

When I can afford ammo I bring these out.
nkpAKyS.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread