5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ramps or Jack & Stands?

William1034

Reaction score
I’ve decided to get the borla s cat back for my ‘21 Limited. What do you use to lift your truck? I have been reading about ramps and anything under a hundred bucks doesn’t seem safe. A floor jack and stand is looking like a better choice. What do recommend? These won’t be getting a lot of use, so I don’t want to spend a ton, but I still want something safe.

I have seen a growing number of reviews showing that the Rhinos are splitting. Not sure if it just the new ones, but they are a hard pass for me.

Last edited:

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I decided to get the Pittsburg 3 ton long reach floor jack from Harbor Freight and a pair of 6 ton Big Red Torin jack stands from Amazon. They don't see a lot of use, but do a great jog when needed. Got the jack on sale so total cost was <$200.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jack stands/jacks are good for rotating tires, brake jobs and anything else that requires your wheels to be lifted off the ground. I think they are a little more useful than ramps. They are safer than ramps too.

Ramps are good for quick elevation for oil changes and accessing the underside of your vehicle as long as you're keeping your wheels on. They also rely on air in your tires to maintain the full lift. It may be unlikely, but if your tires are deflated on a ramp, how much space are you left with under the vehicle? Hopefully enough for your body, at least. I guess the risk is less with low-profile tires. 🤔

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Jack and Jack stands if replacing your exhaust. You will want the extra clearance over the axle that ramps won't give you

William1034

Reaction score
Jack and Jack stands it is. Thank you for you quick responses. I get to buy more toys!! Wife is thrilled.

Rebelde21

Reaction score
I have two of these and they have gotten much more use than originally expected. I love them. Super efficient and safe.
1664209089582.png

(I did use ramps for my exhaust and it worked fine--got it out in one piece)

Users who are viewing this thread