5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox Tub Wiring

Willy1

Reaction score
Hi all. Thanks for the ad. New RAM owner and proud as punch. Just purchased a 2019 Laramie 4x4 and found that the Rambox tub was not factory fitted and while the tail lights have been connected, it is not wired for Rambox central locking or the internal box lights. The tub lights are not connected either.
I'm wondering if anyone can direct me to a harness that would be used to connect the tub to the main vehicle wiring loom. I'm hopeful that the wiring may be standard and have facility to connect the Rambox.
Thanks for any assistance.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What do you mean the Rambox tub was not factory fitted? If you mean the truck was built without Ramboxes, but somebody switched the bed to a Rambox bed, then I think you are out of luck. I doubt the rear harness is the same. If they did switch the harness when they switched the bed, the computer has to be programmed for those options. Try tagging Jimmy07, he is the wiring expert.

Willy1

Reaction score
What do you mean the Rambox tub was not factory fitted? If you mean the truck was built without Ramboxes, but somebody switched the bed to a Rambox bed, then I think you are out of luck. I doubt the rear harness is the same. If they did switch the harness when they switched the bed, the computer has to be programmed for those options. Try tagging Jimmy07, he is the wiring expert.
Thanks for that. Correct. The tub was switched later for a Rambox. That doesn't sound good. Looks like I'll have to run some wiring and program the ECU for additional locks.

Users who are viewing this thread