5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Unceremoniously Ditches 'Laramie' from Longhorn Name

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Check this out
Ram ditches Laramie Bighorn name
According to Mopar Insiders, Ram is officially dropping the Laramie name from the Laramie Longhorn trim of the Ram 1500 pickup-truck to rebrand its luxury truck offerings. The top-level trim Ram 1500 will still be the Limited trim, with the Laramie Longhorn transitioning to the Limited Longhorn to help reduce confusion of the naming conventions and also align the two luxury trucks into a more complementary relationship.

When it comes to standard equipment, the Ram 1500 Limited and Limited Longhorn share many of the same features including LED headlights, chrome trim, side steps, and more. That is why it makes sense for both of these trucks to share a similar trim name. The Longhorn will offer Ram customers a more Western-themed truck offering with familiar materials like leather, wood, and stitching to offer a true luxury package.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There’s another thread going on this. The Limited and Longhorn have stood apart from the rest of the lineup for a while now, especially on the 5th-gen.

Personally, I don’t understand why they don’t just use “Longhorn” (no further descriptor needed). It’s not like I’m going to confuse my truck with a student at the University of Texas.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
There’s another thread going on this. The Limited and Longhorn have stood apart from the rest of the lineup for a while now, especially on the 5th-gen.

Personally, I don’t understand why they don’t just use “Longhorn” (no further descriptor needed). It’s not like I’m going to confuse my truck with a student at the University of Texas.

Agreed. There really doesn't need to be an extra descriptor. But I guess(?) for anyone that's clueless (not in a bad way) about RAM trims, calling it a Limited Longhorn feels like you're getting the tippity top, just with a different flare? That's my guess but what do I know, I'm a Canadian with a Sport trim

Users who are viewing this thread