5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram truck marked up Over 5K above MSRP.......

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gone as in on vacation or left the dealership? I just touched base with him on Tuesday for my registration paperwork. Did he just leave?
Dang you know when I said something him about his vacation he said something about having to use his vacation days or lose them. Since its not the end of the year I wonder if he did leave? Seems like the dealership would reach out to the customers?

Ramjack

Reaction score
Maybe I misheard. Perhaps he's just not dealing with the HD orders.
I think Sandi deals with all the orders now. When I emailed Aaron regarding an order about 3 weeks ago, he forwarded my email to Sandi and she answered my questions.

Nova90

Reaction score
Aaron has still been responding to my inquiries. He is still there...perhaps, he is getting some help from Sandi.

Redfour5

Reaction score
I have been looking for a RAM 1500 Eco Diesel for awhile........I found one I like at KOONS that is very close to what I want, haven’t spoken to them yet the MSRP on the Truck is $76755 I noticed yesterday it was on Facebook for 80255......then today 81255.....and I thought this site endorsed KOONS in Virginia this is crazy marking up the vehicle near 6K when last month most I saw advertised with 6-8 K under List WTF
I bought two weeks ago and got a really nice Built to Serve at MSRP set up for towing with all those goodies and the rambox bed management system. There was a 1250 incentive from FCA and they put that on top of MSRP so I didn't get it. NOW the dealership is just putting the added prices (two weeks later) on their website anywhere from a couple thousand to over four thousand as an addendum, no apologies. While I was there, I saw multiple people looking at the truck.

But they bought my 2015 for a silly price with 75K miles, needing some slight bodywork and paint AND in the shop for a problem they could NOT diagnose... I was offered 13K and 15K for that truck a year ago at like 63K miles, they gave me 20 or 21K depending upon how you look at it IF I would go through Chrysler Capital where they got me some on the interest rate (But I am already set up to beat their rate at my credit union by 1.5%) and I got them to throw in lifetime oil changes. So, basically MSRP for me... And it would be more today if it was still on the lot. It is interesting that apparently, my truck was built in November but only delivered recently... Knowing I had some equity on my old truck I was shooting at 35K before Covid for a 4th gen in like November 2019 when incentives were good and could not get it done at my price.

I came close now (36K/change) BECAUSE OF USED VEHICLE VALUES and got a 5th gen with more stuff. So, I'm OK... Gotta look at all the variables in this market. KBB values and the other main one autotrader??? online were within 2K for my truck in my area. It was not babied, after market bumpers needed to be rhino lined also... So, very interesting. I beat the market on my new travel trailer by like 6K by buying in late Feb/March and got almost what I paid for the trade in three years and around 15K miles later. So, looking at the whole year and both items, I'm thinking I have done all right.... I don't feel screwed but do think on the truck, I might have been able to do better if I had been willing to work things within 500 miles as I do see similar trucks without the "addendums" within that range. It does help to have resources, time (retired) and good credit.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been looking for a RAM 1500 Eco Diesel for awhile........I found one I like at KOONS that is very close to what I want, haven’t spoken to them yet the MSRP on the Truck is $76755 I noticed yesterday it was on Facebook for 80255......then today 81255.....and I thought this site endorsed KOONS in Virginia this is crazy marking up the vehicle near 6K when last month most I saw advertised with 6-8 K under List WTF
I have noticed this also, even 10k over msrp on cargurus, i dont even look futher at the add. I understand not dealing on price, and charging msrp. But other are still discounting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/