5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Subscriptions?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone seen a full listing or comparison of all of the Mopar/Sirius subscription services that are available? It seems to me that some overlap and others might be redundant.

Reading the owners manual for my to-be-delivered-in-2019 Limited, Sirius Guardian requires a subscription for vehicle tracking, remote start, etc. but on the Mopar parts site they also list silver and gold electronic vehicle tracking. There are far more options if you change to 2018 Ram 1500's - a great pastime to see what might be coming for the 2019's. The Mopar features and the Sirius features appear to overlap significantly so it's hard to figure out where Ram is headed and if there is any value in these remote services.

Has anyone used these in the past? Any guidance? Would you use them again?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From what I've read SiriusGuardian is exactly like my Ford Remote Access but it's more expensive. Start, lock, unlock and find it from an app on your phone. Free for the first year and then pony up the $$$.

Most of the services offered for the 18s won't be available for the 19s due to it having the SG.... the Mopar options would be redundant for the most part.

In 2017 Ford went away from Remote Access to SyncConnect. Same thing but a few more options and the first five years of service is included.

J

jimh4662@

https://www.siriusxm.com/ourmostpopularpackages?intcmp=GN_HEADER_NEW_Subscriptions_SubscribeNow_CompareAllPackages
https://www.siriusxm.com/guardian
You must have an active trial or paid subscription in order to use SiriusXM Guardian™ services. A variety of package options are available starting as low as $11.99 per month plus applicable fees and taxes. For more information, call 1-844-796-4827.

and a sample blog on Sirius/Guardian i found. http://www.hellcat.org/threads/guardian-uconnect.79673/
You need to really look at what is neat and cool as what is practical and useful. I am really surprised at both sirius 360 cost per year and Uconnect Sirius guardian service. You would think they would want more people as members with charging less.
Example of needed compared to Neat and really cool feature. You will use a mobile app to accomplish some of Guardians options
1. How many times have you forgot where you parked your truck?
2. Use your mobile app to easily search, map and send your locations directly to your vehicle navigation system.
3. Use the mobile app to honk your horn and flash your lights.
4. Use your mobile app to remotely lock or unlock your vehicle? Yeah right, I'm deep in walmart, thinking did I lock the Truck, oh here let me trust this app (slow) to lock it for me.
5. Start your car from virtually anywhere using your mobile app to warm or cool it before you get in. Maybe this is worth $11.99 per month plus applicable fees and taxes. Since it is below 40 degrees, maybe 30 days out of the year.

6. SOS Call Maybe
In the event of a minor collision, medical or any other emergency, press the SOS button to be connected to an agent who can send emergency assistance to your vehicle's location.
7. Roadside Assistance Call .Maybe
Just push the Assist button if you ever run out of gas, get a flat or need a tow. We can pinpoint your location to send help as quickly as possible.
8. SECURITY
Theft Alarm Notification Maybe
Receive your choice of a text, email or push notification if your vehicle's theft alarm is triggered so you are immediately aware.
Stolen Vehicle Assistance Maybe
Should your vehicle ever be stolen, a SiriusXM Guardian agent can assist police in locating it using your vehicle's embedded GPS technology. Maybe
The SOS might come in handy since there is thousands of Jealous Ford and Chevy owners out there who may run you in a ditch. 

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got the alarm notification on my F150 via email and text. A very loud clap of thunder set off my shock sensor a few days ago. It's a nice feature.

Users who are viewing this thread