5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM Officially Announces Uconnect 5 Infotainment Software For Its Pickup Lineup!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

RAM Officially Announces Uconnect 5 Infotainment Software For Its Pickup Lineup!​

5x Faster, More Customization, Alexa, More Over-The-Air Updates, & More...​

1630647137905.png

In-car technology has played a major factor in a person’s decision to purchase a vehicle over the past decade. It seems that every couple of years connectivity in the automotive sector continues to advance in great strides. So many RAM enthusiasts weren’t shocked when 5thGenRams.com broke the news that the popular Uconnect 5 infotainment software was going to be installed into 2022 Ram 1500 and Heavy Duty vehicles.

warri

Reaction score
I assume this will require replacement head unit... Time to wait for infotainment to have complete OEM upgrades. Or maybe someone will crack the uax and enable a sw upgrade

timmy

Reaction score
I assume this will require replacement head unit... Time to wait for infotainment to have complete OEM upgrades. Or maybe someone will crack the uax and enable a sw upgrade

Complete speculation on my part, but the CPU modules might be plug and play which could make it possible to do a relatively painless swap yourself. I know it was possible to drop 19-21 systems into 17-18 trucks, granted that was the same version of uconnect.

Would be nice to see some features - full-screen/wireless android auto - ported to v4 systems since all the necessary hardware is there, but I wouldn't bet on it since there's no incentive for manufacturer's to do so.

jmcmahan15

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the 2021 Uconnects will be able to upgrade to the 2022 software. That would be cool

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
None of the existing radios will be upgradable to UC5. They dont have the processing power or RAM to handle the new OS. Given that there will be an 8.4/12 version for the Ram I am hoping that it will be a relatively simple swap out. Might need @Jimmy07 to fab an adapter harness(maybe he knows) but that would be fine and I might just go ahead and pull the trigger on a 21 thats available now.

Mrgreg2

Reaction score

RAM Officially Announces Uconnect 5 Infotainment Software For Its Pickup Lineup!​

5x Faster, More Customization, Alexa, More Over-The-Air Updates, & More...​

View attachment 104463

In-car technology has played a major factor in a person’s decision to purchase a vehicle over the past decade. It seems that every couple of years connectivity in the automotive sector continues to advance in great strides. So many RAM enthusiasts weren’t shocked when 5thGenRams.com broke the news that the popular Uconnect 5 infotainment software was going to be installed into 2022 Ram 1500 and Heavy Duty vehicles.

This is great for some but isn't retroactive for previous Gen 5 owners like the 2020 limited.

rossn2

Reaction score
This 2022 ram Uconnect 5 sucks. The weather app does not work. No weather map, selection for radar, storms, etc There’s no Sirus Travel link anymore. Also, under navigation when u select gas stations it just shows them. Cannot see gas pricing anymore or select between pricing vs mileage from you etc.. give me my 2019 ram back!

Warrior411

Reaction score
i just purchased 2022 ram 1500 limited and the uconnect 5 keeps freezing i hope they soon have an update for it.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i just purchased 2022 ram 1500 limited and the uconnect 5 keeps freezing i hope they soon have an update for it.
There is an update for the radio, might want to check if you're truck has it. Also, there is a thread title something like UConnect 5 is great but... Do a search and you should find it, many issues have been discussed in there.

Sumter63

Reaction score
I am dealing with same issues with my 22 ram Uconnect system. Right now dealer say no update I even tried my self no update. So if you know something we don’t please post. Love my truck but the continuous Uconnect shutdowns and rebooting is really aggravating when your driving and trying to use navigation or anything related. I lose everything when this goes out. So you all need to stick with what you have. At least till this 5 system gets repaired. It’s trash.

Sumter63

Reaction score
This 2022 ram Uconnect 5 sucks. The weather app does not work. No weather map, selection for radar, storms, etc There’s no Sirus Travel link anymore. Also, under navigation when u select gas stations it just shows them. Cannot see gas pricing anymore or select between pricing vs mileage from you etc.. give me my 2019 ram back!
Have to agree. Nothing but rebooting issues continually.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am dealing with same issues with my 22 ram Uconnect system. Right now dealer say no update I even tried my self no update. So if you know something we don’t please post. Love my truck but the continuous Uconnect shutdowns and rebooting is really aggravating when your driving and trying to use navigation or anything related. I lose everything when this goes out. So you all need to stick with what you have. At least till this 5 system gets repaired. It’s trash.
There is a thread about the UC%..something along the lines if UConnect 5 is great but. That said, several members have done a factory reset of the system and it fixed a lot of issues. While it sucks cause you'll have to redo all your settings, if it fixes the rebooting, might be worth a shot

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online