5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Interior LED swap out

Truckbuff59

Reaction score
Hello All, I am brand new to the forum and mostly brand new to Ram in general. I got the 2019 1500 5th gen about three weeks ago and have been working on adding things like rain guards, side steps, reverse lights. Up next on my list was to upgrade the interior halogen lights to LED. I bought a complete set from Amazon and tried my luck installing today. I was a video for each section I installed.

However, when I took apart lights on the console where the map lights are, I popped the bulbs out and tried to put the new ones in. I couldn’t get them to work. So I tried my luck putting the old ones in and NOTHING. I can’t get them back in. I tried to drop down the console by unbolting it and undoing the clips. It comes down on one side but won’t come out and I don’t want to force it. I need help!!! Please!!!

I’m mad at myself and now I don’t care if it’s led or halogen. I think I may have bent the bulb bracket so I think taking the console down is probably the move. I was gonna take it to the dealer tomorrow and beg for help but I’m afraid they are gonna kill me on price. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Phi1Wh0

Reaction score
I just ordered these and will happily give my opinion once they arrive and are in my awesome new truck!!!!

Thank you for the review and recommendation!!

AnthonyJS02

Reaction score
What all bulb sizes and how many do i need to do full interior swap. Also i have a Ram Rebel, what out the outside would need to be replaced to make all LED? The thrid brake light and upper bed light? License plate light? Would the reverse or brake lights need replacing? And final has anyone with a rebel replaced the footwelll lights with a red led bulb? Thanks

deanfx

Reaction score
try diode dynamics web site. Enter your truck info

sparty569

Reaction score
None at all love the LEDs
I was looking at getting the Fyre Fly's, but I want to mix and match, some green and some white. Is there an option to do that? I'm not sure which ones I need where.

I want White for Cargo and Vanity and green for Footwells, dome and map lights.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered some for my 2020 and they are all LED and soldered onto the board. no swapping anything out.

So, I used them in my cargo lights s that seems to be the only halogens I can spot and the blubs were the same. T10/912/921 all the "same"

NewRebel1

Reaction score
Diode Dynamics is good. Have used them before in previous vehicles. Try Lasfit, you wont be disappointed. T-10 glovebox, map lights, and footwells. 44mm for the dome and the vanity you’ll want to order that from diode. But you can get a complete set from Lasfit (minus the vanity), including the cargo and 3rdBrake. All Canbus Ready too.

After you remove the two screws in the overhead, use a plastic trim tool or equivalent to pry the front part down, be careful but it takes a little “pop”.

theres a video on the Lasfit website...i guess I could have just said that.

Truckguy

Reaction score
I ordered the cargo lights from diode dynamics. I ordered the cheaper ones they carry because I wanted the leds on the tip of the light. Well long story short those were back ordered 12 weeks so they sent me the more expensive ones that do not have the leds on the tip, XRP I think. I do not like them. Wish I would have just got the Sylvania ones.

Truckguy

Reaction score
Forgot to mention I tried the luyed leds and they interfere with the fey fob on startup. i actually liked them better than the diode dynamics If they didn’t interfere with the startup and detecting the key fob.

sparty569

Reaction score
Got the Fyre Flyes. They did a mix and match for me, so that I can get green and white where I need them.

Looks great IMO.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
I was interested in doing this swap as well but I have the 19 Laramie. I can clearly tell that some are already LED and some look like they might be halogen. Anyone with a Laramie know for sure what is led and what isn't?

Truckguy

Reaction score
I was interested in doing this swap as well but I have the 19 Laramie. I can clearly tell that some are already LED and some look like they might be halogen. Anyone with a Laramie know for sure what is led and what isn't?
The only halogens on my Laramie were the cargo lights and 3rd brake

Users who are viewing this thread