5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ram box led lights not working on one side

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ok so right now im looking to see how i can check why my driver side led ram boxs lights are not working … put new ones in thinking maybe that would work nothing …

anyone know the fuse to check? but some reason i dont think its a fuse cause my passenger side works fine …. no broken wires or anything that i can see …. any ideas ? im sure you ram gurus have better tips for my rookie self

Goldsy

Reaction score
Just knocking the obvious off the list, but there is a switch to turn them on inside the rambox. A little yellow button if I recall correctly. i only mention it because that switch isn't exactly out in plain sight.

Last edited:

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just knocking the obvious off the list, but there is a switch to turn them on inside the rambox. A little yellow button if I recall correctly. i only mention it because that switch isn't exactly out in plain sight.
yes i saw the little yellow button above the outlet i hit it and nothing changed

Ebenenatijr

Reaction score
i believe it is that i moved switch around it turned on
I just got a 19 and neither side is working. Last night the drivers side came on for a minute. When you say you moved the switch around, are you referring to the yellow push button or a different switch. It's almost like the light is not sensing the door opened. I looked for something like on a regular door but don't see anything.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got a 19 and neither side is working. Last night the drivers side came on for a minute. When you say you moved the switch around, are you referring to the yellow push button or a different switch. It's almost like the light is not sensing the door opened. I looked for something like on a regular door but don't see anything.
i moved it around like physically pulling it … i think thenconnections are loose inside of it. cause friends truck did similar

CaliRebel

Reaction score
So I had a similar issue with mine. Rambox lights, center console and glove box lights weren't working.
I took my truck to the dealer and they found out there is a wire that was being chafed by sharp plastic on the hinges of the center console.
I guess all the lights were all tied in with that wire thus causing them all to fail when the wire was continuously being chaffed.
They replaced the wire and center console. All covered under warranty.

Ebenenatijr

Reaction score
I took off the yellow rubber cap and put some dielectric grease on it. Put it back together, pressed the button a bunch, wiggled it around. Seems to be working fine. I might upgrade the lights themselves.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks guys...new 2023 and passenger side nor working. Didn't even know about the yellow button...problem solved

Users who are viewing this thread