5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Announces HELLCAT Final Edition For 2024 Ram 1500 TRX

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Ram Announces HELLCAT Final Edition For 2024 Ram 1500 TRX​

Marks Extinction For The Supercharged HELLCAT-Powered Ram...​

RM024_165FN.jpeg

Regrettably, the day that many anticipated has arrived. Stellantis has unveiled plans to phase out the iconic HEMI® engine lineup in favor of environmentally conscious twin-turbocharged inline-six engines. In this transition, the Ram brand has announced the bittersweet news that the era of the HEMI-powered Ram TRX is drawing to a close.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
"Stellantis has unveiled plans to phase out the iconic HEMI® engine lineup in favor of environmentally conscious twin-turbocharged inline-six engines."

Uhhhhh what? That's not environmentally conscious it's just had bad as an hemi...

Will be my first and last Ram for sure, Europe owners took this company over so it's all import styles now.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"Stellantis has unveiled plans to phase out the iconic HEMI® engine lineup in favor of environmentally conscious twin-turbocharged inline-six engines."

Uhhhhh what? That's not environmentally conscious it's just had bad as an hemi...

Will be my first and last Ram for sure, Europe owners took this company over so it's all import styles now.
PW with the 6.4 will be my last vehicle purchase.
There's no exciting new vehicles out there...

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

The HO Hurricane gets way better gas mileage than the Hellcat.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Once again a lot better than what the Hellcat gets
Neither come anywhere close to what the government is pushing so it pointless. **** people off who want a v8 with another engine destined to fail in "search of mpg".
Would be better off making a v4 hybrid and keeping the v8 imo. Besides the fact it's a truck when you get into smaller displacement engines and twin turbos your options open way up. Ram one of the few pickup truck companies that were still offering a v8 just gave up that market share to Ford and GM.

Next thing is people are going to try to convince me that the Ram REV is the next v8 replacement right?

Maybe they should of created a new brand name like RFiat to sell these new "muscle trucks" with i6 in them and it might get received better.

Failing to solve a problem by introducing another problem imo.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As with so many other facets of life, we are supposed to all just pretend that these downsized engines get better mpg - on an order of magnitude that makes a difference at least - even though its pretty common knowledge by now that they do not.

Not in the use case that trucks exist for, which is to be put under load, where turbo engines burn more than NA V8s, pound for pound. Its just a fact they have to deal with enrichment to combat temps from constant boost.

Now idling along on the highway sure they get better MPG, and because that's all the EPA tests care about, we're all supposed to believe these are better for us.

Again, its all stupid for a truck - if you want a truck with MPGs get a diesel or an EV (I still dont buy EVs being better for the earth, but they are efficient as long as you dont have far to go).

If you just want good mpgs, get a prius.

Note: I still own a TT V6 Half Ton that works and cruises a lot. It's lifetime fuely is not significantly different from the Dodge magnum v8 (4 speed!) or Chevy v8 I had prior.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
the govt and Stellantis are screwing the brand that’s for sure

Users who are viewing this thread