5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Air Sinks When Unlocked

dslack1000

Reaction score
Hello. I have been having issues with my air ride for some time now. I'm looking for any feedback since I haven't been able to find anybody else that is experiencing issues when the truck is "awake". The following is an outline of issues and what I've tried and the results.

Truck: 2017 Ram Rebel w/ air ride

Issues:
- The truck sinks on all 4 corners (mainly the rear) when the truck is "awake"/unlocked. What i mean by awake is i can lock the truck after i get out and leave it for hours, but if i unlock it the second i do i can hear the rear arms creaking as it sinks. Within about an hour it will be on the bump stops.
- On occasion the truck is slow to recover after i have had a trailer attached or weight in the bed.
- When it sinks i can hear air coming from the exhaust hose in the rear corner panel.

Things I've done to fix it:
- I have replaced the valve block. No resolution.
- I have added Air brake antifreeze
- I have checked the fuses
- I have removed the fuses and left it for 3 days. The truck didnt sag one bit even though i went in and out multiple times. I tried to drive it without the fuses and it sank within a few miles.
-I have checked 90% of the system for air leaks

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello. I have been having issues with my air ride for some time now. I'm looking for any feedback since I haven't been able to find anybody else that is experiencing issues when the truck is "awake". The following is an outline of issues and what I've tried and the results.

Truck: 2017 Ram Rebel w/ air ride

Issues:
- The truck sinks on all 4 corners (mainly the rear) when the truck is "awake"/unlocked. What i mean by awake is i can lock the truck after i get out and leave it for hours, but if i unlock it the second i do i can hear the rear arms creaking as it sinks. Within about an hour it will be on the bump stops.
- On occasion the truck is slow to recover after i have had a trailer attached or weight in the bed.
- When it sinks i can hear air coming from the exhaust hose in the rear corner panel.

Things I've done to fix it:
- I have replaced the valve block. No resolution.
- I have added Air brake antifreeze
- I have checked the fuses
- I have removed the fuses and left it for 3 days. The truck didnt sag one bit even though i went in and out multiple times. I tried to drive it without the fuses and it sank within a few miles.
-I have checked 90% of the system for air leaks
You might get more help at the 4th gen forums.
4th Generation Rams

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Moved to 4th Generation Rams.

Users who are viewing this thread