5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 3.6 etorque 2019

Andrék

Reaction score
Hello, my name is André. I live in the netherlands and there are a lot of people that drive's a ram here.
I recently have a problem that nobody can fix or know what to do.
My etorque is the issue. When I drive everything is perfect. When it drops a gear I hear my belt yelling for couple of seconds. I seems like it does that when I needs to regenerate power. Also the start/stop system does not work. When it tries to start it the belt makes a lot of noise.
The computer reads no problems.
Does anybody can relate to this?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You might try replacing the serpentine belt and check the belt tensioner. The noise is the belt slipping, which shouldn't be happening.

Andrék

Reaction score
Thank you, I have replaced both of the tensioners and the belt. But there was no chance. When it happens both of the tensioners swing to its maximum and then the belt slips.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Note 8 Pro met Tapatalk

Andrék

Reaction score
I hope that there are people with the same problem

007longbeach

Reaction score
Just guessing, but could there be an issue based on how cold it is there? I'd check for something liquid getting on the belt before you start it for the first time each day. I'd pop the hood and feel the belt or place a piece of white tissue against the surfaces of the serpentine belt and rub it around. Then look at the tissue and see if it's wet, and what color residue you pick up. Purple would be coolant, black may be oil or the rubber coming off the belt. Video tape it with your cellphone and post it to YouTube. That way someone can hear what you are hearing.

Andrék

Reaction score
Thank you for your comment. Unfortunately the issue is there for some time. In summer and now in the winter. There is no difference. The sound of the slipping belt happens when the car is down shiffting. In my opinion when the etorque is charching the 48 volt batterie. During regular driving there is no problem. Only when I slow down and shifting back.
All so the start/stop system does not work properly. So also when the etorque needs to get to work.

Andrék

Reaction score
Finally found the problem. Belt has been put wrong. Instead going óver a poulie it was going in front of it. We did not see this because it seems the tension was good...
What a relief

Users who are viewing this thread