5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM 1500 Upper Grille Mod - Help/Please/Thank You

Talliphier

Reaction score
Looking for help as I want to change my look ... My truck = 2022 RAM 1500 Laramie Night Edition w/5.7 Bed
-My front grille has the 360 camera and Air dam in it, are most people painting, vinyl wrapping or swapping parts from other models to get the "The Goal - Picture Look" attached?
Example pics of what I have and what I am trying to do, any help, part numbers [if there are any] or insight would be GREATLY appreciated !!!

Thank you in advance ~

Attachments

• Current.jpg
    Current.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 154
  • The Goal.jpg
    The Goal.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

mrfyram1500

Reaction score
I'm part way to the same thing you are looking to do. I bought a white grill surround and installed it. I haven't found the upper grille applique (Mopar terminology) in my paint color (PW7). (Upper grille applique part# 6BT18TZZAJ - unpainted)

Attachments

• 2024 Ram white grill.jpg
    2024 Ram white grill.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 112

Talliphier

Reaction score
Right on !
Where did you find the white grille surround, that is EXACTLY what I am looking for and or do you have a part number?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Best option might be to have a body shop just paint the pieces you want white.

mrfyram1500

Reaction score
Right on !
Where did you find the white grille surround, that is EXACTLY what I am looking for and or do you have a part number?
I found it on Facebook Marketplace. I didn't look for a part number listed on the grille before I put it on. The part number on the black grille surround I took off is 6BT14TRMAG.

Not sure if links are allowed. Not where I got mine but gives an idea of pricing near me (Toledo Ohio). Different pricing from the same company.

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
I ordered the grill appliqué and had my dealership paint match it to the truck. I still have my black on (not sure why I’m keeping it). After I switched out my grill for the TRX style on, the black grill appliqué looked like a mustache on the front of the truck. You can visit the dealer and have them order and paint the grill and grill appliqué to match your truck.

Before grill change, after grill change and after grill appliqué change pics attached.

Attachments

• IMG_3578.jpeg
    IMG_3578.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3823.jpeg
    IMG_3823.jpeg
    239.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4202.jpeg
    IMG_4202.jpeg
    230.6 KB · Views: 100

Bonspeed

Reaction score
I ordered the grill appliqué and had my dealership paint match it to the truck. I still have my black on (not sure why I’m keeping it). After I switched out my grill for the TRX style on, the black grill appliqué looked like a mustache on the front of the truck. You can visit the dealer and have them order and paint the grill and grill appliqué to match your truck.

Before grill change, after grill change and after grill appliqué change pics attached.
How much did the applique and grille cost to paint? I was thinking of doing the same thing.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I wanna say the part and paint was under $300.
that looks so nice, man I cant wait to get my new truck. I have waited before with no big deal. but for some reason this time I am all anxious to get it.
must be because I am switching brands for the first time in 25+ years.

Users who are viewing this thread