5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 Hemi Bighorn 2019

Preziosi2020

Reaction score
I recently purchased A 2019 ram bighorn 1500 5.7 Hemi and I'm hearing a ticking noise . and a burning smell inside cab once in awhile and truly worried about this there's something wrong with this truck has 30.000 miles on it and I feel the road through my gas pedal . I truly love this truck and hope there is nothing wrong help please and thank u all . 20210401_164059_HDR.jpg 20210401_212209.jpg are this number's look right ? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Georgf

Reaction score
I would suggest change oil first, if you just bought the used truck, then see is ticking noise gone or not. Also feel oil burning smell inside the cab sometimes, don’t know why this issue appears.

Preziosi2020

Reaction score
I would suggest change oil first, if you just bought the used truck, then see is ticking noise gone or not. Also feel oil burning smell inside the cab sometimes, don’t know why this issue appears.
It's a rubber smell like rubber burning and it just got an oil change before it got shipped to me from the dealership should I still change the oil

Georgf

Reaction score
It's a rubber smell like rubber burning and it just got an oil change before it got shipped to me from the dealership should I still change the oil
If it got oil change already you don’t need change it again, of course. Then best you can do is go nearest dealer and let them hear the noise, maybe it’s tipical sound of HEMI.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Who did the oil change? Was it cleaned up "properly"? The oil filter for the 5.7 hemi is in a bad place. You could quickly clean the visible oil and then still have oil above the cross member that drops down later.

Do you know if any other services were done?

Preziosi2020

Reaction score
If it got oil change already you don’t need change it again, of course. Then best you can do is go nearest dealer and let them hear the noise, maybe it’s tipical sound of HEMI.
I really hope so
Who did the oil change? Was it cleaned up "properly"? The oil filter for the 5.7 hemi is in a bad place. You could quickly clean the visible oil and then still have oil above the cross member that drops down later.

Do you know if any other services were done?
Dealership??? And thank you for replying it smells like burnt rubber more than burnt oil but I could be wrong

OtterRam

Reaction score
On my previous truck if I turned “auto 4wd” on while driving, I noticed a burnt smell in my garage once I parked.

It’s so rare that I turn on the auto 4wd but the smell happened enough of the time that I don’t change that while driving any longer. Maybe that’s a first time truck buyers NOOB learning moment lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Preziosi2020

Reaction score
On my previous truck if I turned “auto 4wd” on while driving, I noticed a burnt smell in my garage once I parked.

It’s so rare that I turn on the auto 4wd but the smell happened enough of the time that I don’t change that while driving any longer. Maybe that’s a first time truck buyers NOOB learning moment lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's funny that you said that because that's when I smelt it I'm going to have to investigate that a little bit further thank you

Users who are viewing this thread