5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 Classic UConnect Question

g2tegg

Reaction score
Hey everyone! First post here. Can’t seem to find the answer anywhere.
I just purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic. It comes with a 8.4 UConnect, with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
It doesn’t have Nav, which isn’t a big deal. From what I understand, Ram offers two UConnect models, one with and one without.
My UConnect comes with a Wifi hotspot, remote start/lock/locate from my phone etc. So to me it should have the Nav app on the screen. I can locate the truck with my phone so it has a built in GPS.
Is this something I have to call the dealership and request it added on, and paying a fee? Or is it still a incompatible head unit.
Thanks for the help everyone!

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No I don't believe the non-nav can have nav added to it. You can buy a nav 8.4 and swap it in, but it's about $1500. Why bother paying anything when you can just plug your phone in and use AA or CP for free?

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
If you have Apple Carplay and Android Auto, just put the Waze app on your phone and you can have that on the screen for nav. Assuming that the 8.4 will let you do that. It is much better than stock navigation. Lets you know about cops in thee area, hazards on the road and on the shoulder, weather related problems and re routes you for the fastest time.

Users who are viewing this thread