5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio update Android Auto not working

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
Just had my reaction updated to 28.1

My friends Apple car play works. But anytime I plug on my OnePlus 6T and Android, it will change to the Android Auto button, but it will pop up on the screen to follow the prompts on my phone to enable it. When I click the unlock, on my screen, that looks like the set up, when I first connected Android Auto, it will close out and the phone will go back to the normal phone icon. Anyone know anything about this.....
Had my truck for over a year, and have had the phone with Android Auto connected for 7+ months

mrmachaveli

Reaction score
Found the solution, it will clear out how you have your android phone set up. Mainly how the icons are laid out and the background images. You must go into google play and clear cache and force stop, and it will then allow you to re-setup android auto and work. Might take a few minutes, but it will prompt you on how to.

Users who are viewing this thread