5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio unresponsive

20Ram1500BH

Reaction score
Driving today I was changing xm channels with steering wheel left side buttons and radio became unresponsive, then started to glitch on display changing station on display, but kept playing same channel for several seconds then would change, lock up again. Tried powering radio off for a few minutes and back on and steering wheel controls still did not work. Truck is 2020 bighorn l2

kittyjo

Reaction score
Disconnect the positive cable on battery... let it sit for a couple minutes then reconnect the battery cables. It’s a reset that shud work does for me.

wilsoncraft

Reaction score
Started having issues with my 8.4" non-nav head unit too. Couple days back SXM wouldn't initialize, stuck on acquiring signal even though I was outside and no SXM issues reported.

The radio was stuck in acquiring signal mode so I had to turn off the radio and back on and quickly select FM if I wanted to listen to something. At the same time CarPlay just wouldn't initialize either. It couldn't recognize my iPhone. Power cycling the truck, and then the radio, and then the iPhone, tried a different iPhone and cable as well... No luck. I just turned off the truck and went in my garage frustrated.

The next day everything was fine. Then a couple days later SXM started acting goofy again with stations jumping around or if it didn't change stations the display was going across a bunch of other station or just showed the wrong station and sometimes it wouldn't let me change any stations. Still a little under 5k miles on the truck. (Gotta take it in anyway for the front end clunk, rattling headliner, and marks on the dashboard top anyway). I would attach a video, but I don't think this forum lets me.

Just a small side rant.... I traded in my Gladiator Rubicon for this RAM because of its bizarre steering issues. Now this... Maybe time for me to give FCA the boot. Too bad... loved the Gladiator otherwise and this RAM at first.

wilsoncraft

Reaction score
Disconnect the positive cable on battery... let it sit for a couple minutes then reconnect the battery cables. It’s a reset that shud work does for me.

Good to know. Sad that this may be a "normal thing" for you to do to keep it working.

Users who are viewing this thread