5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio sounds totally different after Dealer?

Dwpalmer85

Reaction score
I went to dealer to have a flash done for my LED bed light kit. Now all the sudden my radio has way more bass than before. Like -3 is still too much bass. Also before I could only turn volume to 21-22 before distortion. Now it seems volume going to 28-30. Did they update it without me knowing? Is there an update that addressed a lack of bass and recalibrated the volume limits?

8.4 w nav... hase bighorn audio

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would need your build date and software version to help you determine any changes.

Bourja

Reaction score
Did this ever get resolved? This same thing happened to me after I had a trailer brake controller installed! Took it in and they played it off like the truck just has a different sounding radio than I'm used to. They turned the bass down and treble up and thought it sounded ok. It doesnt.

Conch007

Reaction score
I went to dealer to have a flash done for my LED bed light kit. Now all the sudden my radio has way more bass than before. Like -3 is still too much bass. Also before I could only turn volume to 21-22 before distortion. Now it seems volume going to 28-30. Did they update it without me knowing? Is there an update that addressed a lack of bass and recalibrated the volume limits?

8.4 w nav... hase bighorn audio
I was having problems wheee I would plug my iPhone into use maps and my base would drop almost 10 decibels. They said there was a flash for the noise cancellation system that would fix it. That’s probably what happened. When they flashed for your led lights they probably hit every available flash as this is a known problem

DeanKing

Reaction score
Dealers absolutely apply “fixes” to various software systems without your knowledge or permission. I went in for an alignment problem and came out with my shift points and etorque changed. I know because I was wondering why my mileage was lower after an alignment. They said they applied those fixes and some others. I focused on those cause they were the ones that sounded like they could affect mileage. You are not getting the fixes back off either. Hey. At least it’s not a Tesla. They send them over the air while your car is sitting in your garage. Since I have a tuned car and a software flash can brick the tuner, I looked into an OBD2 port locking cap. They do exist but they are expensive and the dealer will give you a hard time about needing to read your car to make fixes. I just untune it every time I take it in.

Users who are viewing this thread