5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio replacement

Mommanord14

Reaction score
well here we go again. Last August gps on my 12 inch screen was nonexistent. SOS button and assist button did t work. Uconnect said need new radio. Got a new radio installed in September. Don’t have to use the sos or assist buttons often thank goodness but in November wanted to start using the app to start my truck. App didn’t work. Tried numerous times and called to uconnect one time and was told server down. Now to January 3rd of this year and called uconnect and was told to push sos button and have them find my truck. Guess what sos didn’t work. Assist doesn’t work and also the app still does not work. uconnect says dealer problem. So off I go in three weeks wait to the dealer last Friday. They talked about a stack for the screen because the touch screen is slow to react. They also seized up my front camera so they have to replace that. I asked about the button and app and said it wasn’t written down so they didn’t look at that. Apparently since I’m a woman I don’t feel listened to so they didn’t write that down at the dealer, but uconnect has it per my phone call. To make a long story longer, the radio has to be replaced again because the 911 phone in the vehicle doesn’t work, it is also part of the radio so I am assuming the radio they put in in September was defective and didn’t totally work. As much money as I have paid for this truck I am tired of having to fight and prove my point all the time. I live an hour one way from the dealer. It gets annoying All this back and fourth. Oh this truck is a 2019 Laramie the new design which I hear in my head my dad who always said never buy the new year a vehicle comes out or is redone. Lesson learned!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread