5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio presets disappearing: I note several threads

Doxdale

Reaction score
Reading through this forum. Thank you for all the information. I am like many others here. 2019 Ram Limited bought new in Aug 2018. Lots of "bugs" to begin with. All seemed to go away after the first week. One issue was the radio presets disappearing. This too "disappeared" till just last week after its first service at the dealer. Now the presets are disappearing again. I have tried all the suggestions in this forum, no luck, presets are gone after 15 min or between off and on cycles. Some other weird things it does once in awhile, the reverse mirror option and they don't return to the regular position once in drive again. Sound is muted yet the whole system appears to work otherwise. Sound doesn't come back till the truck has been turned off for a few hours. The fact that it was all fine till my first service tells me the casual factor has something to do with what the dealer did? Course they say it is just a coincidence? My ask is has this specific sequence of events happened to anyone else out there?

rlc2020

Reaction score
This has happened to my truck 3 times in the last 3 weeks. I am assuming they were doing some over the air updating so I ignored it. Will be going to the dealer if it does it again.

Doxdale

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. What creates frustration is the fact I think the dealer and whatever they did for the first service has caused the truck's software to revert back to what it was doing when it was new. The fact they shrug their shoulders as an accredited dealer is frustrating.

Ramrnr1500

Reaction score
This happened to me as well. I could set the presets and as soon as I turned off the ignition and left the vehicle they were cleared. What I found after days of tinkering is that I had loaded personal profile for my presets. However I got to this screen last July after I bought it, and setup my profile, it disappeared a few weeks ago. Found it again and I’m all set.
8e068cee72026282eb499add01537eb8.jpg
18eb2760ec5353762006f8b632df1d16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doxdale

Reaction score
Thanks rlc2020. Some update for me. I decided to try in sequence the fixes noted seperately in a few threads on this forum. Specifically I cleared all my s1 and s2 memories and the key fobs. I then set up everything again AND then made sure to add myself as a listener on the sirius and then picked an avatar from the list they provide. Like your above suggestion it appears adding yourself as a listener and making sure that avatar is on the main screen helped confirm everything was complete. Park the truck overnight, get up for work this am and voila for the first time since I picked up my truck from its first service my radio presets were still there, woo hoo! Called the dealership and provided them the info and they were appreciative. Hopefully it stays working.

Users who are viewing this thread