5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio/audio cutting out and no back up cam

Squidward

Reaction score
Hello all, so I purchased a 2019 Ram Limited in May 2019. Since purchasing Ive experienced an issue with the radio/audio on my 12 inch uconnect. Ultimately, heres a quick breakdown of whats going on. Every so often I get into the truck, start it up, and the radio source audio will play but intermittently cuts out every two seconds or so. I can switch to any source and the same thing continues to happen. No matter what I do it doesnt stop. Even when I play music through my phone via Bluetooth or usb. Its really annoying. Ive attempted to turned the truck off, opened the door and tried to let it reset, starting it again doesnt help. The truck needs to be turned off for a substantial amount of time before I can turn it back on and have continuous audio.

On the same note, when this audio issue occurs, I lose my back up camera. When I put it into reverse, a blue screen comes up and says Camera System Unavailable.
Ive experienced this appropriately 7 times now. I can never recreate the issue it just randomly happens. Ive started to record each incident on my phone for proof. Ive contacted my dealer service center and he has no knowledge of this being an issue. There are no modifications to the vehicle, its stock.

Has anyone experienced this or have knowledge of whats going on? Attempting to attach photo but can’t a video uploaded.

Attachments

• BEAA0E03-5510-42BC-866F-CF9E8CD7DF76.jpeg
    BEAA0E03-5510-42BC-866F-CF9E8CD7DF76.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 15

bmarcurella

Reaction score

Jasonstone23

Reaction score
Hello all, so I purchased a 2019 Ram Limited in May 2019. Since purchasing Ive experienced an issue with the radio/audio on my 12 inch uconnect. Ultimately, heres a quick breakdown of whats going on. Every so often I get into the truck, start it up, and the radio source audio will play but intermittently cuts out every two seconds or so. I can switch to any source and the same thing continues to happen. No matter what I do it doesnt stop. Even when I play music through my phone via Bluetooth or usb. Its really annoying. Ive attempted to turned the truck off, opened the door and tried to let it reset, starting it again doesnt help. The truck needs to be turned off for a substantial amount of time before I can turn it back on and have continuous audio.

On the same note, when this audio issue occurs, I lose my back up camera. When I put it into reverse, a blue screen comes up and says Camera System Unavailable.
Ive experienced this appropriately 7 times now. I can never recreate the issue it just randomly happens. Ive started to record each incident on my phone for proof. Ive contacted my dealer service center and he has no knowledge of this being an issue. There are no modifications to the vehicle, its stock.

Has anyone experienced this or have knowledge of whats going on? Attempting to attach photo but can’t a video uploaded.
My truck was also doing this. They put in a whole new radio it has been working since.

ximer

Reaction score
My brand new 2021 with the 12 inch display is doing this....just bought it a month ago and seems to be happening more and more....went to dealership, they had it for 3 weeks and they replaced the head unit....told me it was good....got home and still does it....been like this since initial purchase....pretty pissed...going back to the dealership tomorrow and they better have better answers for me or im going to be speaking to my lawyer....

Amazing93

Reaction score
I had this exact issue. The dealership replaced the backup camera and it's been perfect for over a year

Reaction score
Bringing this thread back up from the dead. Today I had the blue screen pop up from my camera (was fine this morning) and I was like WTF. Then I turn up my volume and the radio is also cutting in and out, doesn't matter if its AM, FM or Andriod Auto.

Funny thing is, I've already had the radio replaced about 1.5-2 years ago after multiple wasted visits to the dealer (no rental unless it's overnight what a crock or **** - extended warranty option)

I read it may be an update happening which again is a load of crap. In today's age something like this should work flawlessly if that is what is happening. Plus if it is an update issue, then letting the driver know it's updating would be nice. If it's not an update issue, then that's an even bigger load of crap.

I'll give it a few days and see what happens. Gotta get oil changed in about 2.5 weeks so I'll suffer until then.

On a side note: TMPS is very finicky. Since new it has always been showing 1 or 2 spots as red because it can't pick it up. This is random and took 4 dealer visits until I said enough is enough. They replaced sensor and it still does it. At this point I'm pissed that such an expensive truck does thus. The screen is a new thing I get it, but TPMS isn't a new concept so why does this happen.

20220212_151521.jpg
20220212_150833.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread