5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick question about OEM LED driving light upgrade...

edehosse

Reaction score
So I recently swapped out my halogen driving/fog lights for a set of OEM LED. Install went fine, and everything is working as it should. Noticed in the instructions the last step was to enter the vehicle configuration and add the LED fogs as a dealer installed option. Is that step necessary?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think that's so the truck will recognize that it has LED fogs, and then it will turn on the proper wide when turning. If you have LED fogs, and they're not on while your lights are on, if you turn left the left fog turns on. If you turn right the right fog will turn on. Don't think the halogens do that. If you just turn your fogs on all the time with your lights (like I do), I don't think it will matter.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got the halogens and if my fogs are off it will illuminate the one in the direction you are turning. I imagine having the dealer add the configuration is just so the computer knows it has LED's and it doesn't generate any canbus errors. It can be done with AlfaOBD as well.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got the halogens and if my fogs are off it will illuminate the one in the direction you are turning. I imagine having the dealer add the configuration is just so the computer knows it has LED's and it doesn't generate any canbus errors. It can be done with AlfaOBD as well.
Makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread