5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

questions on set up

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
im buying the blitsteins and gonna do the set up i believe 6112s with the rear being i believe 5100 or 5160 i forget do i need to change my UCA also? if so what would you reccomend i do take the truck off road a bit so its not a complete pavement princess. so not looking to do spacers or blocks

trying to at most get about 2 in half inch lift to fit 35 by 12 in half
i was told and read alot that i would rub if i didnt lift alittle higher and change uca

DOFF

Reaction score
There’s mixed theories on the UCAs. Some say they aren’t needed and 6112s will keep proper geometry, everything looks in spec when the trucks sitting on the pavement. Issue is when off-roading if you hit full droop, especially at speed, you can rip the ball joint out of the UCA causing major damage to the front end.
Fabricated UCAs from Carli, Icon, zone, etc have some of the best quality with built in offset and increased ball joint angle but also come at a price.
I went with the MOPAR UCAs because they’re $100, don’t have the extra $800 to spend at the moment haha

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There’s mixed theories on the UCAs. Some say they aren’t needed and 6112s will keep proper geometry, everything looks in spec when the trucks sitting on the pavement. Issue is when off-roading if you hit full droop, especially at speed, you can rip the ball joint out of the UCA causing major damage to the front end.
Fabricated UCAs from Carli, Icon, zone, etc have some of the best quality with built in offset and increased ball joint angle but also come at a price.
I went with the MOPAR UCAs because they’re $100, don’t have the extra $800 to spend at the moment haha
so basically its safer to just upgrade the uca with the suspension, but yea ive seen so many mix topics its confusing me hha...
which uca would you go for if you had the money ... i saw a few, but alot say they dont fit the 2021 rebel also 😅🥲

DOFF

Reaction score
Depends on your use. For me I’d go Carli all the way for offroading (washboards/whoops at speed, minor jumps without full long travel) Carli Custom valving and damping with the king shocks, solid UCAs and one of the best names out there. Every company will have their pros and some cons. Just depends on what you actually plan to use your suspension for.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so im always going to the woods with rocks /muds ... but then i go to the dessert and mess around with some speed in the sand .. with some towing
i dont want to go crazy but keep truck versatile
i just want to make sure truck wont break down or get stuck lol

DOFF

Reaction score
Carli, icon, fox dcs, even bilstein 6112s will allow you to do all that. I think the biggest thing to remember is knowing the limitations of your equipment and your experience level. Even the most solid setups can break at some point.
Dig through the search function for those companies. A lot have posted with their experiences on those setups.

Users who are viewing this thread