5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions about Backcountry build

nickmv

Reaction score
Hey folks, I've got some questions around the 1500 and am hoping you can help out.

Current Vehicle: 2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition, 20k miles, worth about $38k at moment (highly subject to change, was at $43k in early December.
Desired Vehicle: This 1500 BH Backcountry build

Questions....

1. What common issues should I look for with the 1500? For example, the RL has a water leak issue at the rear of the cab that frequently gets discussed. I'm curious what common issues 1500 owners typically experience. Are there stickied threads somewhere on this forum with those most frequent issues and associated TSBs/recalls/fixes?

2. Any recommendations or thoughts on best time to buy? The market is obviously crazy right now though my vehicle has dipped $5k over the past 2 months but the used and new markets seem to be following each other pretty closely. I'm not sure if it'll make a difference either way, but am curious. That also doesn't really address that a factory order is hard to subject to "best time".

3. Does anyone else have a Backcountry that wants to share their overall impressions so far?

Thanks!

myramtrx

Reaction score
Hey folks, I've got some questions around the 1500 and am hoping you can help out.

Current Vehicle: 2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition, 20k miles, worth about $38k at moment (highly subject to change, was at $43k in early December.
Desired Vehicle: This 1500 BH Backcountry build

Questions....

1. What common issues should I look for with the 1500? For example, the RL has a water leak issue at the rear of the cab that frequently gets discussed. I'm curious what common issues 1500 owners typically experience. Are there stickied threads somewhere on this forum with those most frequent issues and associated TSBs/recalls/fixes?

2. Any recommendations or thoughts on best time to buy? The market is obviously crazy right now though my vehicle has dipped $5k over the past 2 months but the used and new markets seem to be following each other pretty closely. I'm not sure if it'll make a difference either way, but am curious. That also doesn't really address that a factory order is hard to subject to "best time".

3. Does anyone else have a Backcountry that wants to share their overall impressions so far?

Thanks!
I have a BackCountry build that is D1 status and built soon. It is Flame Red and Black. I am not going to take the truck as I bought a TRX. If you want to take over my order, let me know. I ordered it for 4% under invoice which is about a $6,000 under MSRP, plus you get whatever incentives are available the month that you take delivery (Probably March 2022)

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3rd brake light tends to leak eventually this has been an issue since forever with Dodge. Also with the sliding rear window some guys are experiencing cracked frames that leads to a leak. Both repairable under warranty. The 3rd brake light you can make your own gasket and usually avoid the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread