5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question regarding SOS/Assist button back lighting and gear selector

2020GCM

Reaction score
Hi all, I am curious on a couple questions I have and I could not find anything searching.

Question 1 regarding the SOS/Assist buttons back lighting:
If I have the headlight switch in auto and the lights come on, the backlighting for SOS/Assist come on as normal, but if the lights turn off then on again automatically or if I turn the knob to off then on again the back lighting for those two buttons remain off. They only come on again after I shut off the engine and restart. They still function as normal when I press them regardless if the back lighting is on or not. Is this normal?

2nd question is regarding the gear selector, Is there a way to shift out of park (other than using the tether cord method) with the engine off? I tried in ACC and ON while pressing the brake pedal and nothing, is the tether the only way with the engine off?

I appreciate any feedback, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread