5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Regarding Adding Kicker Key 200.4 Amp to 2019 Big Horn

gnossdrawkcab

Reaction score
I'm about to install a Key 200.4 in bi-amp mode and I have a few questions.

1. My dash speakers are 47KSC3504 and I put a 4ohm resistor in line with the positive terminal per instructions elsewhere in the forum. Do I still need this resistor with the key 200.4?

2. The 47KSC3504 dash speakers also have an inline crossover, I believe bass blocker. Should I remove this before running the key 200.4 setup?

3. I plan to run new wire for the dash speakers but I'm not sure what to do for the front speakers. Can I simply splice into the factory harness at the back of the head unit? Or should I connect at the ANC under the drivers seat? I have a netaudio bypass on the way with the amplifier addition provision. Although I'm not sure I need that after reading these posts...

I'm a bit confused as it's my first amp install. Thanks!

AllAmer1719

Reaction score
You have a lot going on here so I’ll try to simplify.

1. The 4 ohm resistor was installed to retain the OEM impedance. OEM 3.5” dash speaker is 8 ohms. The new speaker you purchased, is a 4 ohm. The front speakers are wire in parallel with the dash speakers.

why do you want to run new wires for dash speakers? This kicker amp is a 4 channel.
The bassblocker is to keep “lows” from being played from those dash speakers. Not ideal to remove.

Just get the harness that interfaces with our system at the amplifier under the seat, run power wires to the Kicker amp and call it a day 👍🏻 Your kicker amp can accept preamp or amplified signals.

gnossdrawkcab

Reaction score

1. The 4 ohm resistor was installed to retain the OEM impedance. OEM 3.5” dash speaker is 8 ohms. The new speaker you purchased, is a 4 ohm. The front speakers are wire in parallel with the dash speakers.

why do you want to run new wires for dash speakers? This kicker amp is a 4 channel.
The bassblocker is to keep “lows” from being played from those dash speakers. Not ideal to remove.

Just get the harness that interfaces with our system at the amplifier under the seat, run power wires to the Kicker amp and call it a day 👍🏻 Your kicker amp can accept preamp or amplified signals.
Thanks so much for the information and help. I think I have just one other question. I was under the impression that the dash speakers are not run under the seat to the ANC. Are you saying that the Front L and Front R speaker wires running from the ANC amp eventually split and run to the dash speakers as well?

FM45

Reaction score
Reference---

-=FM45=-

Attachments

• AUDIO-SYSTEM---BASE.pdf
    320.6 KB · Views: 42

Big2019Ram

Reaction score

which harness exactly would this be. Ive added an Amp and Sub, but i want to add another Amp for the door and dash speakers with out running wires all throught the truck from the 4 channel amp

Users who are viewing this thread