5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on the "Notify" button

LKF

Reaction score
New member here and not sure if this is where to post this? Does anyone know how to find out what favorite songs are in this feature? Tried my dealer, Ram customer care and searched everything I could open on my new truck. Thanks in advance for any help!

boomtastic

Reaction score
I believe the "Notify" feature is for you to identify your favorite songs. Once you do, when they come on the radio you will be notified on-screen and given an option to go to that channel in order to hear said song playing ...

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New member here and not sure if this is where to post this? Does anyone know how to find out what favorite songs are in this feature? Tried my dealer, Ram customer care and searched everything I could open on my new truck. Thanks in advance for any help!
Notification is in the SXM options while you're listening to it. Tap BROWSE then FAVORITES and you'll find the notification options there.

Keep in mind the whole system is buggy on the 12 and 8.4 systems. My notifications and favorites work 50% of the time.

Reactions: LKF

LKF

Reaction score
Notification is in the SXM options while you're listening to it. Tap BROWSE then FAVORITES and you'll find the notification options there.

Keep in mind the whole system is buggy on the 12 and 8.4 systems. My notifications and favorites work 50% of the time.

LKF

Reaction score
Thank You VaderRebel! I will give it a try. Funny you mention the 12" system being "buggy". Sometimes it will just be blank and then when I stop/start again, everything works?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, you are not alone. I think at one point or another everyone on this forum has had an issue with their Uconnect system.

boomtastic

Reaction score
Yes, you are not alone. I think at one point or another everyone on this forum has had an issue with their Uconnect system.

Truth. Mine died less than 24hrs after driving the truck off the lot.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At least its software. I feel for those with leaks and rattles. Those of us with low volumes and glitchy screens are just one update away from perfect trucks... not collecting dust in dealer parking lots.

Something this Canadian is giving thanks for this weekend. ;)

LKF

Reaction score
VaderRebel, I looked for the "browse" and can not find it? I have sirius on but don't see it? Can you give me a little more info?
Thanks Again!

limited_19

Reaction score
It's BS they now have a limit to how many songs you can have setup to "Notify" on my 16' Rebel I never reached a limit and I had lots of song notifications.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
VaderRebel, I looked for the "browse" and can not find it? I have sirius on but don't see it? Can you give me a little more info?
Thanks Again!

Number 1, update your signature with your trim and options so it's easier to help.

So on the left you have AM, FM and XM. Below is the control bar and on the far left is BROWSE. Tap browse and you're now in the XM control panel (I call it that), image shows the spot
20181009_182121.jpg

LKF

Reaction score
Thanks VanderRebel, I now see the problem. I have the 12" screen and it does NOT have a browse button. I touched the Notify button and it now shows a "Manage Alerts" which you would think would work, huh? It doesn't show up "bright" and therefore touching it does nothing. I think its time to bring it into service and see if they will refresh it? I will also update my signature, thanks for that thought.

Limited_19, I agree with your comment. Seems like I may have 10? favorites before it said I have reached my limit. AND I have yet to see it notify me of one.

Users who are viewing this thread