5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about registration

skbtenn

Reaction score
Bought new 21 ram 1500 October 30 at an out of state dealer. I have yet to get my registration which to me seems odd. I've never waited longer than 2 or 3 weeks after purchase for registration in the past. This is only the 2nd truck I've bought out of my home state though. I contacted the dealer several times when my temp tag was about to expire and they kept telling me that started a new registration process and it's just taking longer than expected. They did send me a new temp tag though. I plan on keeping in contact with them weekly until this is resolved. Has anyone ever experienced this scenario? Thanks.

MNMEAD

Reaction score
In my experience, it depends on the state office. I got a call yesterday that my plates are in at the dealer, and I got the truck on 11/24. Last year I ordered my tabs for the car and it took 3 months for them to send to me (MN). Same with a replacement license. When we moved, we had replacement licenses in a month. When we got married and my wife updated her last name, it took 4 months.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sure like Canada you get everything the day you pick it up. ;)

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought new 21 ram 1500 October 30 at an out of state dealer. I have yet to get my registration which to me seems odd. I've never waited longer than 2 or 3 weeks after purchase for registration in the past. This is only the 2nd truck I've bought out of my home state though. I contacted the dealer several times when my temp tag was about to expire and they kept telling me that started a new registration process and it's just taking longer than expected. They did send me a new temp tag though. I plan on keeping in contact with them weekly until this is resolved. Has anyone ever experienced this scenario? Thanks.
2-3 weeks wait time was pre covid, now that we are in covid, expect 1-3 months. I got my plates after my second temp tag. My dad has been waiting a month for his plates. The blame lies with the dealers, depending on how quick they do the paperwork and get your info to the tag agencies. but also tag agencies are behind as well.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I bought my truck, it took almost two months to get my paperwork to do registration. I bought my truck at a local dealers but it was one that was origis lky supposed to ship to an out of state dealer in same chain. Dealership it was originally scheduled to go to "forgot" to send the paperwork to dealer I purchased from. And did to a administrative mistakes the dealer I bought it from had thought the paperwork was already done. Had to reach out to dealer I bought it from to remind them.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about too much about it as long as they keep sending you temp tags. But it's good to check back with them occasionally just to make sure you didn't slip through the cracks.

Hasti17

Reaction score
My last truck I owned I bought CPO from two states over They said they were going to handle everything and ended up not doing anything They charged me $140 to handle the taxes and fees and I ended up having to register it myself, as far as im aware, they paid the taxes? But they completely bungled the process overall. So it certainly can happen I was the same after 3 weeks I didn't get my registration and turns out I didn't have one coming, and just had plates from my old car on my truck thinking that they were legal when they weren't

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2-3 weeks wait time was pre covid, now that we are in covid, expect 1-3 months. I got my plates after my second temp tag. My dad has been waiting a month for his plates. The blame lies with the dealers, depending on how quick they do the paperwork and get your info to the tag agencies. but also tag agencies are behind as well.
NJ here. Bought mine last June 2021. Got my registration and plates in 3 weeks.

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
PA here, I got a tag on the spot and registration about 2 weeks later.

Users who are viewing this thread