5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Putco Blade Malfunctioning - Thoughts

Maxx102

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I purchased an installed a 60" Putco Blade tailgate lightbar. It is the red (running light, brake, and hazard light functions), Amber (turn indication), and white (for reverse). Two weeks ago I noticed something weird happening with my tailgate lightbar. This is what it did.

Remote start - the truck would start normally, running lights on the brake and white halo on the headlights. The rear bar would also glow, but the left turn signal would flash twice.
Left turn signal - Would light up amber, but the light bar would red would flash too like the hazard function was on.
Right turn signal - wouldn't light up
Brake light - Wouldn't light up when brakes were applied - unless it was about 15-20 seconds then they would turn on. If the brake was applied and held for 30 seconds or more, like at a stop light, the light wouldn't go out right away.
Reverse light - worked fine.

I contacted Putco thinking it was a warranty issue and they shipped me a new bar. I had removed the old bar and put in my bed but left it connected.

I received the new bar and I wanted to test it out first before I took the time and trouble of running the wire and mounting the box using the wire. I plugged into the same Putco plug & play trailer hook up splitter and the new bar was doing the same thing as the old one....This leads me to believe that it wasn't my bar, but something else.

Any idea on what the something else could be? The lights on the truck (all factory LED's) operate normally. I am at a loss.

Users who are viewing this thread