5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Push on/off not working after upgrade to UC4

terrywarfield

Reaction score
Hey all,

Upgraded to a UC4 12” display and everything seemingly went well. All of the features were working no problem.

I went to turn the truck off and the engine stopped, however, I could not get the truck to come out of ACC mode. Even after a battery disconnect. Remote start would start the engine, however, as the start/stop button wouldn’t respond to being pressed (even with the key fob), could not roll windows up or anything, and could only use the remote to stop the engine.

Right before I was about to call roadside for a tow, I decided to press it a few times, and it started. I drove it home, and when I got home, after pressing the button a few times, I was able to get the truck to turn completely off. It of course would not restart.

I then thought to myself, perhaps with programming the truck for the new screen, that maybe I didn’t wait long enough before driving. So I unplugged the battery for 30 min, and when I reconnected the battery, it would not start, however, the ram logo is stuck on the screen, even with the truck being off.

Could this be a random coincidence of something ignition button related, or is this something that can be corrected in Alpha ODB?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey all,

Upgraded to a UC4 12” display and everything seemingly went well. All of the features were working no problem.

I went to turn the truck off and the engine stopped, however, I could not get the truck to come out of ACC mode. Even after a battery disconnect. Remote start would start the engine, however, as the start/stop button wouldn’t respond to being pressed (even with the key fob), could not roll windows up or anything, and could only use the remote to stop the engine.

Right before I was about to call roadside for a tow, I decided to press it a few times, and it started. I drove it home, and when I got home, after pressing the button a few times, I was able to get the truck to turn completely off. It of course would not restart.

I then thought to myself, perhaps with programming the truck for the new screen, that maybe I didn’t wait long enough before driving. So I unplugged the battery for 30 min, and when I reconnected the battery, it would not start, however, the ram logo is stuck on the screen, even with the truck being off.

Could this be a random coincidence of something ignition button related, or is this something that can be corrected in Alpha ODB?

Any help would be appreciated.

Why the double post?

What programming did you do? Did you double check out the connections and all the settings in AlfaOBD?

Why the double post?

What programming did you do? Did you double check out the connections and all the settings in AlfaOBD?
I wasn’t aware it posted twice (posted it from mobile)

Only had to make two changes in alpha.
Integrated center stack - disabled
DCSD Screen Module - enabled

Users who are viewing this thread

Back