5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchase for High Miles '19-'22 Longhorn/Limited

Willyq711

Reaction score
Greetings All,

Been a minute since I've been here being that I mostly post on Reddit, but now that my new car purchase project for the wife is completed, it's my turn.....

I've been in the market for a preowned 1500 '19+ Limited or Longhorn for quite some time now and readying to pull the trigger on whatever is available in the next month or two. I just bought a new car for the wife and I always buy 2 or 3 years used bc I put on the miles since I travel around FL for work (Commercial RE), probably around 17-20K/yr. I'm OK with doing some repairs and typical parts replacements, as it always beats any depreciation I get on my cars by far. I usually go in the 35-65K range pending various factors of the deal and vehicle, but being the HEMI a trusted and true V8 (well, given a few hiccups here and there.... and definitely veering away from the EcoD), I'll go as far as 80K miles so long as I can get a good carfax and track as much ownership, use and maintenance history as possible. Note that I've been on forums and done so much damn research (2 years) at this point that I can build this thing, but still doesn't beat real world feedback.

That said, I'm looking for the owners here who have purchased high mile 5th Gen HEMI's (especially eTorque), or those with high miles (excess of 80K) on their trucks who can give me your experience with issues and what to look out for on my search.

Huge thanks in advance for any help and looking fwd to joining the owner's lounge soon....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back