5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsar with CIA and Borla Exhaust

KevBo

Reaction score
I'm wanting to get a cold air intake - leaning towards the dry filter on AFE Momentum (not real sure yet on dry vs oiled) - and the Borla type S exhaust. My question is more about what exactly the Pulsar does. I know you cannot load custom tunes on it, and that basically there are 3 modes - eco, tow, performance. All with/without MDS - and then stock mode. Are these modes "smart?" Will the pulsar see that I have hopefully better airflow with the intake and exhaust and adjust fuel / timing to compensate and get the most from the aftermarket parts? Or is it more of a "dumb" setting that just adjusts throttle and gear shift points?

I dont know much about how these work but like how it's plug and play without having to remove and unlock the original PCM. If it's really just "dumb" set points for throttle response - going for something like the pedalmax makes more sense. But if this actually listens/learns/responds to your engine than I think it's a great upgrade - especially if planning to add aftermarket parts like I am.

I'm curious to hear others thoughts on this - and especially if you have the pulsar with CIA / Exhaust upgrades.

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd go at the AFE dry filter cold air intake
It's great I love mine.

I had the pulsar tuner and it's not worth the money in my opinion if I were you I'd go the route that I went which was a pedal commander The truck has enough power this lag that these trucks have are ridiculous and the pedal commander fixes that right up.

I was thinking of the borla exhaust as well but ended up getting a magnaflow muffler instead and it sounds pretty good.

If you decide to get the pulsar here's the install video so you know what you're getting into it's not a bad process.

Users who are viewing this thread