5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsar tuner questions

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
So I'm wondering what peoples complete thoughts on the pulsar is. Mostly curious about mpg effect of ECO mode, and if putting it into that mode makes the truck "boring" to drive. Also how does everyone like the performance mode? I saw that it says to run 91 octance in for that mode. But what if I'm running 87 octane and get it down until the low fuel light comes on and fill it up with 91, would the residual 87 cause any bad effects? Or would I need to always run 91 for the occasions that I want performance mode?

blownout1500

Reaction score
So I'm wondering what peoples complete thoughts on the pulsar is. Mostly curious about mpg effect of ECO mode, and if putting it into that mode makes the truck "boring" to drive. Also how does everyone like the performance mode? I saw that it says to run 91 octance in for that mode. But what if I'm running 87 octane and get it down until the low fuel light comes on and fill it up with 91, would the residual 87 cause any bad effects? Or would I need to always run 91 for the occasions that I want performance mode?
Performance mode w/ 91 feels like a completely different truck. Such a blast to drive. Zero idea about eco mode but my wife drives a Prius so our family average can’t be too bad right? :)

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone with the Pulsar put their truck on the Dyno yet to see what this thing is putting out?

Any word about custom tunes or modifying the canned tunes? I think they said this would be available at some point.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
I just ordered mine and will be here Thursday, I have S&B CAI and Outlaw exhaust. If you call them directly and ask for the discount, they will ship 2-day for free and it comes out to $424 with no tax. I would of paid $499 plus tax ($540 total) anywhere else,.

blownout1500

Reaction score
Anyone with the Pulsar put their truck on the Dyno yet to see what this thing is putting out?

Any word about custom tunes or modifying the canned tunes? I think they said this would be available at some point.
Rambeastproject on YouTube. Not sure if the gains were actually down to the Pulsar or that they just got better at tricking the tranny into holding onto a gear a little longer (probably a bit of both). Pulsar sure didn’t hurt, that’s for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread