5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsar installed

Firebird

Reaction score
Where are you guys ordering from? I have wanted one of these, but have held off with some of these weird glitches that have been going on. I want to get a current updated unit.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my new Pulsar after sending the old one back. I drove a 2.5 hour roundtrip on the freeway (about 160 miles). I did some downtown driving as well (10 miles). It was raining moderately the entire time. I stayed in Performance Mode MDS OFF.

I had one anomaly that may actually be attributable to the rain? While downtown as I came to a stop at a light, the AUTO TRAILER sensing light illuminated. (I was not towing a trailer.) I quickly went to the settings page on my 12" screen and saw that AUTO mode was enabled for the trailer sensing system. Seconds later the yellow annunciator disappeared and did not return.

I had no other problems and the Pulsar performed as expected. I averaged 18 MPG in that mode for the round trip.

Will report back with any other information if needed. So far, so good.
Sounds like Pulsar may have found and corrected the glitch that was responsible for throwing the codes. I hope so anyway.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where are you guys ordering from? I have wanted one of these, but have held off with some of these weird glitches that have been going on. I want to get a current updated unit.
Yep. Diablo Sport as the Captain said. I love my truck in Performance Mode. Stock Mode? Still love it. Just not as much. : )

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I installed the pulsar, I slid the unit onto the computer and seated it firmly. Then I (as the instructions directed) laid the coupled unit down on a flat surface and pressed the pulsar downward onto the computer. It noticeably snapped into place. Prior to doing this, I assumed the unit was completely seated, and only went thru the motions because it was in the instructions. Obviously, it was not. I have not had mine on very long and it has not thrown any codes, but I can't help wonder if some people are mating the two computers without removing them from the truck, and are not completely seating the two units. I can see where this would create loose connections that would throw codes.

Captain Stack

Reaction score
When I installed the pulsar, I slid the unit onto the computer and seated it firmly. Then I (as the instructions directed) laid the coupled unit down on a flat surface and pressed the pulsar downward onto the computer. It noticeably snapped into place.

I agree. It does take a little pressure to completely seat the unit. I am one week in with my new Pulsar unit and have had zero issues. I have only been running in the Performance MDS OFF mode. I've lost about 1 Mpg on average so far.

jrr907

Reaction score
Anyone have any issues with the agent update 1.0 software app not connecting through OBDII port to pulsar to check for firmware updates ?

Captain Stack

Reaction score
Anyone have any issues with the agent update 1.0 software app not connecting through OBDII port to pulsar to check for firmware updates ?
I wasn't able to connect using my Mac. It says that they only support Windows. When I talked to the Diablo rep he said that it doesn't need to be updated? So mine has not been updated, but since it is new I assume it has the current firmware/software.

jrr907

Reaction score
Captain Stack have you had any problems or issues with pulsar installed not being able to check for software updates before using. I have a windows pc it wouldn't connect either ?. Also, How long have you had it installed on truck.

Captain Stack

Reaction score
Captain Stack have you had any problems or issues with pulsar installed not being able to check for software updates before using. I have a windows pc it wouldn't connect either ?. Also, How long have you had it installed on truck.
I don't have access to any Windows computers. I only tried it with my MacBook and it wouldn't work to update. Anyway, I was told not to worry about updating by Diablo as it was a brand new unit. I don't even know if there is a new update available. In any case, the new unit has been installed for over a week now and is working great. No codes, no issues. Nothing but pure driving enjoyment using Performance MDS OFF mode.

Diesel

Reaction score
I have had zero issues with my Pulsar unit since installing it in May with 1000 miles on the ODO. I installed it along with the gorgeous S&B CAI. I run 93 Octane top-tier fuels most of the time while local with 89 mid-grade top-tier fuel for long distance trips.

I run mostly in Performance w/MDS and the majority of my driving is 85% highway the rest is city. For the long trips I take for work, I'll run in Tow w/MDS. At 75-80mph in cruise and while driving from Texas to Louisiana, the best MPG in that mode was 19.5. I drove the return trip in Performance w/MDS and returned 18.5MPG.

I find that TOW mode performs pretty well for overall driving conditions and reduces the throttle response just a tad so your not launching the truck in a wheel spin at every stop. For spirited driving, Performance mode is it and performs awesome!

My truck is 2019 Ram Laramie Sport w/17,900 maintenance free miles. Great mod for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CH8NSAW

Reaction score
Now I got a dilemma...I was trying to remove my Pulsar on my 2019 Ram and manhandled one of the red handles on the PCM connector and broke it off
Now it won't come off. How screwed am I now? Can that thing be replaced very easily? Any help greatly appreciated!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The entire front outer cover is replaceable, very easy to do. All you need to do when you’re ready to replace it with the new cover is lift the handle on the good one, watch how it actually releases, and use a small screw driver to push down on the blue and green sliding tabs on the broken one. They slide down pretty far before they will release. Ask me how I know, LOL. I ordered the replacement cover off Amazon.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now I got a dilemma...I was trying to remove my Pulsar on my 2019 Ram and manhandled one of the red handles on the PCM connector and broke it off
Now it won't come off. How screwed am I now? Can that thing be replaced very easily? Any help greatly appreciated!

Here’s a part number off of The broken cover I replaced to help you out.

Attachments

• 00CA9153-8AD0-4CCE-AD43-2C38E1BBD3BB.jpeg
    00CA9153-8AD0-4CCE-AD43-2C38E1BBD3BB.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 32

CH8NSAW

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I can't find that part anywhere online!? Any way you could send a link for it? Greatly appreciated!!!

Users who are viewing this thread