5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsal Installation Problem

Oldphart

Reaction score
The ECU connector towards the radiator came off without any problems. The one towards the firewall seems stuck on something. I was able to remove the black plastic shell but cannot see what is hung up on. I tried prying the perimeter with a flat bladed screwdriver. It doesn't seem to want to come off and I don't want to force it anymore for fear of braking something. I plugged back the other one and everything runs as it should. Engine was cold.

Any and all ideas will be appreciated. Interesting, the radio maintained it's presets after removing the battery ground,.

Last edited:

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The ECU connector towards the radiator came off without any problems. The one towards the firewall seems stuck on something. I was able to remove the black plastic shell but cannot see what is hung up on. I tried prying the perimeter with a flat bladed screwdriver. It doesn't seem to want to come off and I don't want to force it anymore for fear of braking something. I plugged back the other one and everything runs as it should. Engine was cold.

Any and all ideas will be appreciated. Interesting, the radio maintained it's presets after removing the battery ground,.
I had an issue with that too. I removed the factory ECU and was able to get it off.

Sent from my U328AA using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Radio presets are stored in nonvolatile memory on factory head units. Only after market head units suffer from losing presets.

As far as the connector, did you break the lever you pull up on?

Oldphart

Reaction score
Radio presets are stored in nonvolatile memory on factory head units. Only after market head units suffer from losing presets.

As far as the connector, did you break the lever you pull up on?
Nope, but some strange things happened afterwards. It started hogging fuel for about 15 minutes and the HVAC wouldn't cooperate until this morning. Now everything is fine as far as I can tell. Perhaps the ECU needed some time to re calibrate itself?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, but some strange things happened afterwards. It started hogging fuel for about 15 minutes and the HVAC wouldn't cooperate until this morning. Now everything is fine as far as I can tell. Perhaps the ECU needed some time to re calibrate itself?
Yes, when you unhooked battery it cleared the adaptives in PCM. And the radio takes time to reload all the apps so you usually lose things like back up camera and weather app for a little bit. Also, if you have changed the theme on your radio, it will reset back to default theme. I have my BTS set to the blue Limited theme and it always switches back to the red BigHorn theme.

Users who are viewing this thread