5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proximity entry

Rebel_driver

Reaction score
Recently took delivery of a 2020 Rebel Ecodiesel. It has the proximity entry so when you touch the doorhandle the doors unlock. I noticed this the other night when walking the dog... I touched my door handle but it didn’t unlock because my key was inside the house. However, the dashboard screen and 12” screen both illuminated with their default graphics. They stayed on for about 10-15 seconds then turned off. The USB ports also illuminated. Upon return from my 20 minute dog walk the USB ports were still illuminated. Is it normal that this stays on for that long? Will it not prematurely wear down the battery? Also, if the key is not sensed why do the 2 screens turn on? On the 12” screen you see the Ram and UConnect logos. On the dashboard screen you see the push button with instructions on how to start. Any input?

Snwjnky

Reaction score
Grabbing the door handle with no fob starts to wake the truck with me too.
Might be the way they designed it so everything is ready faster by the time you're ready to roll.
But without a fob nearby, no idea.
Noticed it when I was double checking the cars were locked when walking by from the mail box.

Users who are viewing this thread