5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Programing Sunroof Switch

baldphilly

Reaction score
So I have one of the GoRhino Sport Bar 2.0 sport bars with the power actuated folding lights. I want to have a factory look inside my truck and wanted to avoid cutting any holes to add a switch for the folding lights so I ordered the 3 switch overhead console switch panel. This panel has 2 switches for a factory sunroof (which I do not have) and a switch for the sliding rear window. My goal was to use the sunroof switch to fold the lights up and down but after plugging it into my harness and testing the out bound leads I get no power. Does this switch have to be activated in the BCM? I thought this would have been like a normal rocker switch but after testing with my multimeter it is not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe that this switch like most everything else, communicates to the BCM. It doesn't use normal ground/power like things use to.

I believe that this switch like most everything else, communicates to the BCM. It doesn't use normal ground/power like things use to.
So I am guessing that this could be changed using the AlphaOBD software? Anyone have any clue how to do that?

Do you have the 3 home link buttons on your visor? You can buy modules that are basically a wireless relay that you can program to turn on and off with those buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back