5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems

shrubboss

Reaction score
I was driving down i40 about 2 months ago in my 2020 ram 1500 hemi 4x4 I had noticed a slight rattle in the engine and then the truck died I coasted to a stop in the emergency Lan and it wouldn't crank back since then I have replaced the crank sensor and no luck any educated guess as to what it might be

I was driving down i40 about 2 months ago in my 2020 ram 1500 hemi 4x4 I had noticed a slight rattle in the engine and then the truck died I coasted to a stop in the emergency Lan and it wouldn't crank back since then I have replaced the crank sensor and no luck any educated guess as to what it might be
How many miles on it? If you are under 60K miles, you still have a powertrain warranty. So take it to dealer

You need fuel, spark, compression and timing. Any DTC`s? What made you replace the sensor?

The local mechanic here said that would be the best place to start is with the crank sensor but with it not helping not sure what to do next.... I put a new battery in it today and it turns over fine but sounds like it's choking then just whines ....

Someone else said the there is a spring called an oil tensioner sprin that if the oil gets low it will let of pressure and cause the truck to jump time does that sound right

The local mechanic here said that would be the best place to start is with the crank sensor but with it not helping not sure what to do next.... I put a new battery in it today and it turns over fine but sounds like it's choking then just whines ....
Alldatadiy subscription, alfa OBD software, OBD MX+OBDII interface and a security gateway bypass cable, that`s what I would get and then dig into it.
I understand that is not for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back