5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with my 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie with 5.7 Etorque

Fordication

Reaction score
I have had my truck 3 months. This is my second 5th Gen Ram and the first time I have had problems. Starting with my list:

1) The stereo has lost stations 3 times and reset for no reason. I have read this is a problem with this new stereo from this forum.
2) When starting from a red light with the traction control and the etorque turned off the truck launches like my 2019. Loads of power, then all of a sudden it just slows down and I am slammed forward like the transmission is losing power. Happens every single time so it can be duplicated. Is there a modification I can do to stop this?
3) Truck just stalled for no reason last week. Doing around 10MPH pulling away from a red light and it just shut down.
4) When I come to a stop the truck wants to surge like I have my foot on the gas and brake at the same time. I have checked and set the gas pedal as low as possible. I am not touching it. Any ideas.
5) The tailgate will not close on the right side of the truck sometimes. I have read this is a common problem also.

What do you guys think about all of this. From what I read, 3 of these occur quite often with this truck.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had my truck 3 months. This is my second 5th Gen Ram and the first time I have had problems. Starting with my list:

1) The stereo has lost stations 3 times and reset for no reason. I have read this is a problem with this new stereo from this forum.
2) When starting from a red light with the traction control and the etorque turned off the truck launches like my 2019. Loads of power, then all of a sudden it just slows down and I am slammed forward like the transmission is losing power. Happens every single time so it can be duplicated. Is there a modification I can do to stop this?
3) Truck just stalled for no reason last week. Doing around 10MPH pulling away from a red light and it just shut down.
4) When I come to a stop the truck wants to surge like I have my foot on the gas and brake at the same time. I have checked and set the gas pedal as low as possible. I am not touching it. Any ideas.
5) The tailgate will not close on the right side of the truck sometimes. I have read this is a common problem also.

What do you guys think about all of this. From what I read, 3 of these occur quite often with this truck.
Yes, sounds like a visit to the dealer is in order.
Is your truck part of the tailgate recall? If so, that's reason enough to see the dealer.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Recall for tailgate and multiple updates for the trans/pcm/etorque for issue. Radio software update should fix the radio issue.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2019 has the Redlight lunge forward issue and has had since I have had it. I just ignore and move on, Tailgate will show its ajar if you do not slam it shut and has since it was new. I just slam it it shut and move on since 2019 LOL. Only other issue I had was Regular battery was replaced at about 16000 miles. Truck has 60000 miles on it now other problems. Never had the one after take off then falls on its face.

Fordication

Reaction score
Ok. planning a trip to the dealer this next week. I have 1800 miles on this truck so far. I thought I would work out the bugs before i took it to the dealer. Now I think I want them fixed.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok. planning a trip to the dealer this next week. I have 1800 miles on this truck so far. I thought I would work out the bugs before i took it to the dealer. Now I think I want them fixed.
I think the lunge forward is where the voltage drops after idling a bit on an incline forcing the truck to switch back to gas power with a bit of a surge some times a little harder than others. Anu type of action that drags the battery down to a marked voltage will kick the starter back on. The owners manual explains it will do this and its normal. 60k plus miles and 4 years it has done it off and on and no issue really. The tail gate has been a PITA since it was new.

Users who are viewing this thread